Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the real fix for front end hop on coil springs is 4 link but i just need to get some shocks for right now which ones?

I was going to get some summit racing drag shocks, only problem is i can only get them in 70/30 dampning, not sure if that will be enough to keep the front end from bouncing, let me know what you guys think

·
clv1144
47 Posts
Re: what shock you coil spring guys running

Bilsten

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

I'm not sure if they will help or hurt, but I have some procomp 9000's sitting in my garage. If you have a chance to test them at all let me know and they are yours Dustin.

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i ordered some rancho 9000s or whatever they are, a buddy of mine thought that he had a set of the 9000s already so i think im lined out for shocks, thanks though

·
screw the DARK SIDE
948 Posts

rcd sells shocks that are perfect for the front end for wheel hop and they make a nice 4 link thats pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

RCD sells Bilsteins adn uses them in all their kits...FYI, we are a RCD dealer..

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Im bringing this one back from the dead, rs9000s didnt work on my truck, still hopped like crazy. Im going to try a set of summit shocks but the information is a bit confusing...

here is what is posted on competition engineerings website about there shocks.
Competition Engineering's Front Drag Shocks are adjustable in three ratios: 90/10, 80/20 and 60/40. These ratios reflect the percentage of force required to extend and compress the shock absorber.
This seams backwards to what we need, we need hard to compress, easy to extend.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Im bringing this one back from the dead, rs9000s didnt work on my truck, still hopped like crazy. Im going to try a set of summit shocks but the information is a bit confusing...

here is what is posted on competition engineerings website about there shocks.

This seams backwards to what we need, we need hard to compress, easy to extend.
I think you would need them the other way for pulling. Those are drag shocks
90/10 in the front and 60/40 rear for a 2wheel drive to transfer the weight to back. The front would lift and hold and the rear would drop and hold.
you want a 10/90 dont know if they make that.

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what i thought as well, but a guy on compd posted thoughs shocks as working perfectly so i dunno :shrug:

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i ORDERED shocks today wont be here till last min till my next pull (backorder) so we will see if they work or not.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Keep us updated! My first pull is gonna be Saturday an I'm sure it's
gonna be a bouncy run!

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your gunna pull i would just strap the front end down, its not the best, but at least it wont hop JMO

·
amos moses
150 Posts
i have also been considering that aswell. maybe ill give that a shot.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Went ok no hop at all! But trans kept shifting 2nd to od I believe. Waiting on an e-mail for the video! I'll make a thread when I get it!

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Pulled 4low 2nd was gonna shift to 3rd but truck shifted on it's own I believe strait to overdrive then back down to 2nd! I ran 23psi front and 43psi rear!

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
Went ok no hop at all! But trans kept shifting 2nd to od I believe. Waiting on an e-mail for the video! I'll make a thread when I get it!
Did you end up strapping the front end down?

·
amos moses
150 Posts
Nope just got the sled rolling and hammered down! The track sucked And the sled was tough! Full pull was 165ft lol. Winner pulled 135 I pulled 94ft

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
man thats not much fun to watch when the sled is like that... i dont even like 280 foot wins lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts