Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm kind of in a jam here. I need to order a new shaft and exhaust turbine for my wife's truck so I can get everything back together and running. The only thing is, I cannot find out what shaft/ wheel it needs. Is it the same as the 99.5+ or is it the same as an OBS? Or is it a different part all around, I dont have the money to buy another turbo, so I'm just using what I have. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I cant give you an exact answer on that because my truck is a 2001. But I did just replace both wheels and the shaft on my turbo. My advice is contact barder turbo and get a 360 rebuild kit from them. (its about $100, and Im sure they can get you the right one for your turbo.) Then talk to Clay at RiffRaff to see what wheels you need for your E99. Thats where I got all my parts and the customer service was excellent. They will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
any turbo shaft from 99 to early 03 should work

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
how did I know you would say that bruce, he said he doesnt have money for another turbo

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll hopefully have this thing running in a few weeks. It's be an ongoing project for nearly 10 months now. And I'll just be happy to hear it run.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For anyone ever doing a Google search needing this info, and stumbles upon this, yes an exhaust wheel and shaft will work. I ordered one and put the turbo together using a 99-03 shaft/wheel.

And bruce, this truck is gonna be my wife's dd/ kid hauler. It will have nothing more than stock injectors, cai, 5" exhaust, and possibly a small tune. No reason for a D66 on this truck.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Chinese ebay version?
they run 140 iirc.

what did you end up with...i have one in my future.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up ordering a balanced remaned 99-03 shaft and exhaust wheel off eBay for $108.95 to my door, and used a rebuild kit I bought from eBay as well. Everything went together smoothly, even for being the first one I had ever messed with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.