Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'd do fuel pressure over any other guage, it will save you thousands.

Oil pressure

Coolant temp

I don't run tunes so pyro is worthless to me, factory boost guage runs good enough for me but the factory temp guage only tells you it's too hot when your already 230-240, I rather know before hand. No factory oil pressure gauge.

Reactions: bismic1

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Because when your regulator fails and you have been driving at 45 psi for over a month and start getting codes for injectors.

There's not much difference in your regulator and any other one, just a spring holding pressure.

You also have the ability to make people trying to help you bash their head into a wall.

You might also look into what the factory oil guage is, because currently what you been saying means you don't know crap.

Reactions: bismic1

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Clusters on Ford do a lot so I'm not sure it will swap, also the trans temp is for autos, the manual clusters came with a battery guage. With all the hard work and towing I've done I've never seen the auto guage go higher than normal temp so I think a battery guage would be better lol.

I keep thinking you don't need a tranny temp guage but haven't said it because lack of experience with the manuals, only driven one with a 6.0. I would probably just put a sender in the fill/drain plug on the transmission like is done with big truck rear ends.

My truck need a ficm bad and still need a elc flush but still haven't managed to do it, life is being a real bitch on me right now.p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts