Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i think i have kinda plataued with the truck. Currently with all the mods in my signature what do i do now. I have considered Water/Meth, paticullary for the egts ad also helping with cleaning the cylinders from running WVO. Then again have cosidered Nitrous but that is hit it and quit it thing. Where as water meth can be kinda constant.

I used the truck as a daily driver. I tow a 7k Mud truck and trailer a few times a year. Go cross country with it every 5 years, other wise just an awesome DD. I dont know what to do next. Plans of dumping the stacks and going with a MBRP turn down exhasut. just trying to see what everyone thinks. Pics on request. Thanks

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
TWIN TURBOS!!!!! and a NADP tranny.

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
Twins with those sticks would be fun!

·
Registered
922 Posts
get rid of the pmax and do twins or just a non vgt turbo! im sure you would be happy with that and i bet egts would be lower

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
With Twins and a tranny you could tow with probably 550hp or more. JMO.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well let's see what else comes in twins I want: turbos, boobs, and 21 year old college girls. Some are more likely than others and I can't afford a single one on the list. I think first on my list should be a NADP trans. #### twin turbos and a trans cost about the same. Maybe one of those can happen when I re-enlist. I also think changing gears I will get a little umph back. Idk just trying to think of what to do.

·
Registered
922 Posts
get a batmowheel then

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
That powermax is killing your performance with those huge sticks. It's really the limiting factor here. A 64 non VGT with a diverter valve to spool it quick might be ok... If you really want to keep towing and often, compounds are the only way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
64 non vgt batmowheel with a diverter valve is what i want definitly cheaper than twins and would really open new oppertuities with the diverter valve. may even be able to run a 66mm with the diverter valve.

·
Registered
922 Posts
thats what i said earlier but though you didnt wanna spend that much thats why i said batmowheel but yes that would be a good upgrade! you could sell your powermax pretty quickly also!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My whole reason for getting the Pmax was that it was better than stock and i would rather run with a Pmax than stock if i dont have the money for the right turbo. Since getting the money for a 66mm batmo, diverter is much more than a pmax. so i will wait for that. Besides Turbo and Trans what other mods have you done that you may recommend?

·
Registered
115 Posts
how about an intercooler or dougs ported intake manifold?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got a W/M set up and NEVER worry about EGT's anymore. Even pulling 12K. Plus, I see about 1.5 mpg increase on avg. I run a 70/30 w to m mix. Saving some $$$ for a stage 1 manifold.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
You can add a few smaller things, but like they said the turbo is really what needs upgrading now.

W/M is probably your next best step kenny.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can add a few smaller things, but like they said the turbo is really what needs upgrading now.

W/M is probably your next best step kenny.
I agree on the turbo. Well for now i think W/M is on the top of the list. More benefits that other mods. So does anyone recall a good thread on W/M kits. I was thinking about SNOW MPG kit but is that really needed? Should i build my own or what the best thing to get? Can start a new thread if needed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts