Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i should be getting my truck back today or tomorrow from egr delete, head studs, and head gaskets. Just wondering what should be next on the list?

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
Is the truck other wise stock?

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Fuel system and injectors. It'll run like a rapped ape. Oh and also a coolant filter I'd prob do that first though.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
rebuild your oil cooler if not done already, blue spring upgrade in the regulator, coolant filter...

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
From my experience I'd build it up first, ex. your transmission if your wanting to add alot of power, then gauges intake and custom tunes. But that is just IMO. I started adding too much power to my 6.0 before building the tranny and ending up slipping it bad and having to get a more sturdy one

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
these transmissions can take a beating, its tuning the trans correctly to make it live longer... there are people putting down over 550 on stocks trans

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If your not looking to do over 500hp i would think your stock trans will be fine, maybe a shift kit or something along those lines. I would also hold on to the stock air intake, they are way better than most aftermarket ones to 500hp. If your looking to peak those numbers, then i would look into those.

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
From my experience I'd build it up first, ex. your transmission if your wanting to add alot of power, then gauges intake and custom tunes. But that is just IMO. I started adding too much power to my 6.0 before building the tranny and ending up slipping it bad and having to get a more sturdy one

i think that is real good advice

there are people putting down over 550 on stocks trans

I always hear that, but i was not so fortunate. Not trying to contradict you, i respect you're views, but just sharing my experience.

#### started slipping bad with 155's, vgt ss and sct tuned by innovative (by no means innovative's fault) with around 140,xxx on the truck, 10k after the rebuild..

did a built trans, no problems since (20k miles).....well maybe a slight shift flare that i can not seem to shake

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
I didn't know how far he wanted to go on power and it might not be an auto

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
When I first started modding mine I was just going to do an exhaust then I caught the bug and started doing more and more

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
these transmissions can take a beating, its tuning the trans correctly to make it live longer... there are people putting down over 550 on stocks trans
true true

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you dont have any way of monitoring what is going on with your motor other than your factory dash. (Nothing was mentioned about gauges or monitoring device and I read both pages.) If this is the case then this is where you need to start first and foremost. It will help aleviate potential problems down the road and you need to see what is going on inside your motor. I personally recommend the Edge CTS monitor (not tuner). It is expensive when you get it expanded to monitor everything you want to but is still cheaper than using high quality gauges and is WAY easier to install. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts