Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
hvac man
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 yr. old john deere 345 and have had many small problems with it over the last couple years. Was thinking of getting a new one and just wanted some input on makes and models that are popular with everyone. Not sure I want to go the zero turn route. I mow just under 2 acres.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I bought the john deere L120- I know it's not a real "deere" and all I use it for is mowing. I've had it for 6 years so far and have had no repairs.

·
ERJ Aircraft Mechanic
853 Posts
I've had a Sears Craftsman 20hp tractor for over 10 years now that I mow with in the summer, and blow with during the winter.

The only problem I've ever had was an electrical issue where everything would flash or cut out/in. Turned out to be a loose bolt where the neg battery cable attached to the frame.

I

·
0 Posts
1981 John Deere 318.. It just won't quit. I would rather buy a good condition older Deere/Wheelhorse/cadet than one of the new junks there building..

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a JD 997 diesel with a 72in deck, I really like it and recomend it.

·
don't be that guy
193 Posts
I have a Toro 60" zero turn.i know you said you didnt know if you wanted to go that route but if you do the toro is hands down the best. Ive tried deere and Dixie zero turns and the toro is hands down the best. A little pricy but ive done nothing but sharpen and replace the blades and change the oil in three years and mow at least ten to twelve acres...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
How much do you mow? Do you want one with attachment options?

I use a simple 18hp huskee with 48" deck. It's brand new so who knows how long it will last.

·
Recruit #211
113 Posts
If you do decide to look into the zero turn route you should check into a grasshopper

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have cub cadet rider and push mower and love them. Had them for 5 years no trouble other then a battery.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I have a Florida Cracker. :D

The guy is so honest and hard working, that he hasn't raised his price in 5 years and when I sent him a Christmas bonus.......he just applied it to the next months bill. :doh:

I wish everyone I hired was as good as Anthony. :cool:

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
i have a 31hp exmark z and a 17hp 48 in cut walkbehind. my big mower has about 600hrs and im gettin ready to sell or trade it for a 34hp exmark. imo exmark is the best but pricey mine was the top of the line and i gave 10 grand for it in 06

·
Registered
596 Posts
have a 1974 jd 140 AWESOME piece of john deere history still runs like a damn top also have an 07 exmark 27hp zero turn like blownsmoke7.3 said it all depends on what you are going to use it for cutting would not use anything but an exmark for a yard tractor that you are going to use for other things besides mowing a john deere you cant beat it

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
1975 John Deere 212. Rebuilt the deck last winter, first repair it's ever needed. Nothing Runs Like A Deere!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts