Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 1997 obs completely stock but I am thinking about doing some mods to the motor like stage one injectors, intercooler, exhaust,and turbo upgrade. My question is that do I need to go with a turbo with a wastegate or non wastegate and what size? And what brand of intercooler's do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would do a WW2 on the stock turbo and maybe a 1.0 exhaust housing.

As far as inter coolers go use a stock super duty 7.3 intercooler. The early 99 intake spyder fits the stock turbo.

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted in aftermarket and performance forum so you can ignore this post if you want..I don't know how to delete post....sorry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wicked Wheel 2 from DIESELSITE - DIESEL MAINTENANCE and PERFORMANCE

Best price on a 1.0 Exhaust housing is Industrial Injection: Diesel Performance, Diesel Performance Parts, Diesel Injectors, Injection Pumps, Diesel Turbos, Diesel Engines, & More! ordered mine last week $133 shipped.

If your going to the trouble of pulling the turbo to install the WW2 you might as well put a simple rebuild kit in it. Barder Turbo sells the upgraded 360* thrust bearing rebuild kit for just under $100 shipped. I ordered from his Ebay store and had in 2-3 days. Powerstroke Turbo Rebuild Kit Upgrade 360 Thrust TP GTP 38 Ford 7 3L Diesel | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts