Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what this is but i went to look for the dome light fuse and found this on the fuse box not hooked up must not be to important?

Where is the dome light fuse i dont have any books with this yet.

What are these wire for? My thought is the upfitter switches but the truck didnt have them and there is no harness to plug them in too.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
The wires are pass thru wires, so you can hook stuff up through the firewall without drilling holes. the "thing" you grabbed is the vacuum pump for you 4wd hubs

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have manual hubs and my 4x4 works? I drove 1,600 miles it it was not even hooked up.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we had the air on the whole way too lol any other guesses?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
on mine the dome light fuse is on the passenger side kick panel. it has a little door and it lists all the fuses.

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Well we had the air on the whole way too lol any other guesses?
Def the vaccum pump. Not sure what it would run on your truck, if not for the 4x4. But its def a vaccum pump. It should run the heater/ac controls for the flappers and doors that direct the air from vents/ defrost/ floor and all. May not affect the operation of the compressor and fan though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks for the info that dome light fuse figures i ran the wire to the drivers side.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
The vac pump is for the auto 4x4 hubs(if equipped) and the HVAC controls. If the vac pump is not installed/funcitioning the A/C will still work but air will only come out the defrost vent.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope it blows out the dash vents it may not switch to anything else i didnt try switching it.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
The vac pump is mounted on the passenger side next to the vaccum resivoir. Maybe you lucked out any someone left you a spare. To test the one that you found plug it into the two wire connector from the one I think is still in the vehicle and turn the key on. The pump should run, put a finger over the open nipple on the pump and it should shut off. That will tell you the pump will run, the only way to see if it pulls enough vaccum is to hook the vac line up from the resivoir any see if your HVAC still works.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
If it is a spare, let me know, I need one! My 06 auto hubs are not working because my pump is bad. I turn the 4x4 on with the hubs in auto and turn the AC on, and it blows heat out the defrost only.

·
Registered
750 Posts
On the 6.4 the vacuum pump is located on the drivers side on top of the fuse box. It only operates the 4X4 hubs, so If you have manual hubs, you don't need it. Are you sure you don't have auto hubs?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is not a extra it bolts to the top of the fuse box. Yes i am sure i have manual hubs. I would say someone switched them over. I done this on a explorer and my 87 bronco. Guess i wont worrie about it then sense i don't need it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it is a vacuum pump and does stop when you put your finger on it but i guess i don't need it so on the shelf it goes.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Well it is a vacuum pump and does stop when you put your finger on it but i guess i don't need it so on the shelf it goes.
Wanna sell it?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats it worth to ya?

·
Registered
40 Posts
We all have manual Hubs. Some are just a back-up due to shift on the fly switch. Do you have the floor shifter or the knob on the dash? My guess is that you have the knob, and if not, then in fact you do have a spare pump.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts