Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't connected to anything. It's on the back side of the HPOP..

The picture is looking towards the grill

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Ebp sensor. Pull it off, clean it out, pull the tube off the motor and echaust manifold, clean it amd make sure you can blow through it, and make sure the hole inside the manifold is clean, try and stick something through it.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Just looked again and realized its not hooked up. You need to buy a tube from ford. The tube goes from that sensor to the pass. Side exhaust manifold, at the very front of it. Its well documented obs trucks act weird without it

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. There is nothing to connect to it anywhere!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked. Nothing that looks like it needs a home. But even if the tube is missing, there is nothing for a wire harness to plug into it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to look in the AM to see if this was relocated. I have crawled all over the truck and nothing is hacked. All OEM equipment.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Look in front of the hpop res too, I've seen a few obs trucks with the super duty setup with the tube re located to the front of the hpop res. It would mount to the hpop gear cover

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check it out in the AM. It's bugging me now

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so its all I tack on the front of the motor. Over the top of the water pump in front of the HPOP. Strange that there's two sensors must have replaced it at some point.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
start looking for other hints. maybe its a motor swap

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Yeah it could be. What does your passenger valve cover sticker say as far as the year? What does your ebpv pigtail look like? The obs's had two large round plugs on the pigtail, where the sd style harness had a pigtail identical to the ipr

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Motor is punched 97 on drivers side VC. Passenger side is same as build sticker.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Strange... like I said, I've seen a few obs trucks with the sensor up front, but can't say for sure if it was factory, or the original tube was behind the hpop res and broke and was replaced with the newer sd style...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Strange... like I said, I've seen a few obs trucks with the sensor up front, but can't say for sure if it was factory, or the original tube was behind the hpop res and broke and was replaced with the newer sd style...
Got a hold of the PO. he said it was replaced with a super duty one. Mystery solved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts