Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking under my dash trying to follow this switch and see what it goes to. Well it goes to this circuit card, but the circuit card is not hooked up to anything. Its a 12 setting swith, but what does it do and what does it go to??

Switch

Switch

Circuit Board

·
5 days
52 Posts
That's a chip. Dunno why anyone would need 12 diff pos. Plug it in and test it out

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
Your PCM contacts are probably already cleaned... Just take the keys out of the ignition, pull the PCM and slide the chip onto the board. Reinstall the PCM and turn the chip all the way to the right, and punch the go-pedal.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
TS chips have a little ring in the switch that stops it at so many positions, I have a 4 position chip from tony and when I was installing the switch the ring fell out and I put it where I thought it was for 4 but put it was 5.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your PCM contacts are probably already cleaned... Just take the keys out of the ignition, pull the PCM and slide the chip onto the board. Reinstall the PCM and turn the chip all the way to the right, and punch the go-pedal.
where is the PCM? Im new ive only had this truck since Feb.. so does it only have 1 tune or many, or do i just start at the Right?

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
All of the knobs have that many positions, but that is only a knob, the chip itself only has room for 6. I think there are 8 position chips now though.

·
5 days
52 Posts
It's on the very left on your firewall. Try searching chip install or something similar. There'll be detailed step by step directions somewhere

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
where is the PCM? Im new ive only had this truck since Feb.. so does it only have 1 tune or many, or do i just start at the Right?
then the knob to the left thats the first position which is prolly a stock tune, next just click it over one spot at a time. you should notice a different idle and shift firmness depending on whose tunes they are.

·
Registered
763 Posts
when u look under ur dash look to ur left. u will see a black box with 2 screws holding it. take the screws out and slide the box out. now it wont come all the way out to be carefull not to ripe the wires out. the box covering should slide farther back and there u will see how and were it goes.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts