Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
what part are you talking about??? the picture you posted has 4-5 arrows pointing to things on the inner fender

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
that white wire is a vacuum line, and the "motor" is a vacuum actuator for the ac/heat system.

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
yup, just replace it with a piece of small vacuum line. if i remember correctly, that line is either 1/8 inch or 3/16

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch for the replies! My white line has a huge gap in it so i need to replace it. Looks like it goes deep in the firewall attached to the other wires with it. Any harm in running the truck for awhile without replacing it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the replies! My white line has a huge gap in it so i need to replace it. Looks like it goes deep in the firewall attached to the other wires with it. Any harm in running the truck for awhile without replacing it?
Nope. Just will not be able to operate Max A/C.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I visited your link, didn't see a "kit" mentioned.
But I also don't know why a person would need a kit to fix that.... lol
I actually need to fix that on the 96, but beings it hasn't hardly been over 65 lately, I'm not worried about it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
I visited your link, didn't see a "kit" mentioned.
But I also don't know why a person would need a kit to fix that.... lol
I actually need to fix that on the 96, but beings it hasn't hardly been over 65 lately, I'm not worried about it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The link is for OP, a decent discussion of issue.

The little cap and hose in my repair pic came from a Dorman Kit that I had of hose & fittings.

I cannot find the box with part number.:frown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts