Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading so much about cps sensor but the further you go back the old the info is. So what is the best cps as of 10/28/2020?

·
Project Shamu
3,065 Posts
Motorcraft or International.

I'm running an international that is blueish in color.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The purple-ish one from Motorcraft or International (should be the same thing).

·
PSN intsigator
7,044 Posts
Last one I got from Ford about a year ago was still grey

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I can see the manufactures now, What color should we put into the plastics this week to confuse everyone out there. Gray, black, or how about a pink one with a yellow stripe....

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
307 Posts
Running a International Dark Blue and have a Napa to try

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bradrobb, I do have a gray cps as a spare but the one in my truck is the stock black cps that is original to the truck. After reading everything on the interwebs it's hard to keep up with the latest and greatest info.

·
Project Shamu
3,065 Posts
The black ones are supposed to make the trucks run the best, but they have a tendency to fail unexpectedly. The grey ones were the fix, but some people complain that the truck does run "quite right" with them, and a lot will fail Cyl 3 and 7 in a CCT for no reason. The dark blue/purplish one is the fix for that and supposed to be the "end all".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok finally got to my IH dealer in Houston and they said this is the lastest greatest cps, they had a black one with a grey connector top but it had been installed already so I didn't get that one. This was the third revision on their list. Here is what I bought, any thoughts or info on this one? It has a purple o-ring

·
Administrator
8,316 Posts
I just found a brand new black cps on craigs list for $10. I can't wait to try it out. Can't believe someone had it in their glove box for 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I just found a brand new black cps on craigs list for $10. I can't wait to try it out. Can't believe someone had it in their glove box for 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
I have one that I picked up from my International dealer way way back in 97, so it has been there for 23+ years.

·
Project Shamu
3,065 Posts
I have the one out of Shamu too, I pulled it when diagnosing and put in a purple one. No difference, so I left it in the glove box.

Has anyone done dynos and compare if any of them make more power than another?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts