Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ball park... I have a small crack by the injector hole, if that makes since?

· Needs more hours per day
1,781 Posts
Seriously...that sucks. That's a lot of heat to cause an iron head to crack. Or do you think it was from something else? Assuming it's on your #4 as well?

· <<<<< Next Generation
1,958 Posts
Wow you really wasted that engine. I went over my Injectors about 10x after reading about yours.

Somebody has to have a a good head lying around.
Just looked at powerstroke shop looks like $500 with a $300 core, I'm guessing bare head

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is on #4, the machine shop found it when they were magfluxing them... He says its small and may not be anything, but its there.

Can you do a Valve grind on a 7.3 head?

· Registered
2,085 Posts
It'd be real hard to grind the valves while they are still in the head.

I'd hog out the heads and put good seats in them and put bronze guides in it if you are going to do machine work on them.

Might also try calling ACH and see if they have PowerStroke 7.3 heads. I've bought a lot of other stuff from them and they are good castings, better than OEM in many cases.

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It'd be real hard to grind the valves while they are still in the head.

I'd hog out the heads and put good seats in them and put bronze guides in it if you are going to do machine work on them.

Might also try calling ACH and see if they have PowerStroke 7.3 heads. I've bought a lot of other stuff from them and they are good castings, better than OEM in many cases.

Thats what he is talking about doing, putting new seats in them, maybe a valve grind. He said the guides look fine...

What is this ACH?

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got quoted $550 per head diret from the ford dealership. That was for a fully assembled head with all the springs and valves.

REALLY... Might have to call tomarrow... I really dont want any questions with this motor when I have it back together...

Anyone have any comments???

· Registered
2,085 Posts
Alabama Cylinder Head. Get over the name, they have good prices.

Clams heads are a good deal for what was done to them. MachinistOne did a lot of the work IIRC.

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Joe, get those ported and polished and rebuilt ones Clam has for sale over on NWFD.

As I was driving down I was thinking about that... Hummmm...

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crap... 2k... That would put me almost to 10k for this motor... Cant do that as much as I want too...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.