Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have tinted and or "Blacked out" headlights that are actual tint, not this painting headlights crap I see. My stock lights (9007) actually aren't really that bad, but I want some super bright lights without switching housing and going HID. And if possible, what "K" are these lights outputting??. If anyone can help me out much appreciated :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey guys, so I have tinted and or "Blacked out" headlights that are actual tint, not this painting headlights crap I see. My stock lights (9007) actually aren't really that bad, but I want some super bright lights without switching housing and going HID. And if possible, what "K" are these lights outputting??. If anyone can help me out much appreciated :D
Why not get HIDs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would have to buy new housing for HIDS. Putting HIDs in a halogen reflective housing wouldn't be a good idea. Would it? I don't know, help me out. :ford:

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What watt?

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
Do they have true high/low beams or just a shutter on the bulb?

SilverStar Ultras work as standard bulb replacements, they give a white light, not blue.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Well I would have to buy new housing for HIDS. Putting HIDs in a halogen reflective housing wouldn't be a good idea. Would it? I don't know, help me out. :ford:
You're correct.

·
Registered
104 Posts
9007 isn't the best for "converting" to HID imo, I wouldn't do it. Loss of high beams and poor control over where the light ends up is why.

You can get brighter/better halogens and various color temperatures, but in the end it comes down to wattage. You probably have 55w and will have to run higher wattage bulbs to see a decent gain. I don't think the best 55w will offer much extra. You will want to stay with lower color temperature, like 3000-4000k when/if the option is offered. The 5000k+ halogens usually have color on the glass, a light spectrum filter (reduces output). I would only go for clear glass bulbs.

If your housings are plastic, I wouldn't suggest running higher wattage bulbs. Have you considered adding driving lights without tint?

If you have metal & glass housings, you could go with some 80 or 100w bulbs, and relays.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I have some 80/100w 4k Kelvins and a harness to run them..brightest you can get unless you get Hids. PM me if I can help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts