Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get my truck to at least a 15 sec. truck? I tried to put a programmer on my truck and it wouldn't download..(superchips flashpaq) It said tune allready installed. Well I ran a 18.8 1/4 :doh: on my truck this weekend, And I embarrassed my self in front of many people.

So please tell me anything I can do I don't care if it's a DIY type deal. Im tired of having the slowest damn truck anywhere I go.

Also when im boosting at the light my RPM's won't go over 1500.

Thanks for your help. John

Forgot to add I have limited $$$$$

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think just an SCT with a good tune will put you under 15.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
This is from jdc's sig:

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed Lariat FX4
6.0L / Auto SCT X3
4"/5" Magnaflow stainless turbo back
4" RCD lift over 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
current best: 14.842 @ 88.89

Your truck having stock tires I think you should be able to go 15...

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
yup as 06powerstroke said I had a few sub 15second passes with my truck and this was basically fully loaded street trim with a 7/8th full fuel tank, 200+lbs in a crossover toolbox plus another 150 or so lbs in stereo and a passenger, PLUS taller/wider tires.

an SCT with a race file or even a good street file should put your right there, most guys I see running a bit faster, in the low 14's. Jesse (Redfish) has ran [email protected] and I am pretty sure he is just a tuner/exhaust, crew cab short bed with stock tires, I think he was doing some strapping of the front axle and some other tweaks though, but you should easily be able to get sub 15's in full street trim.

The not being able to get over 1500rpm sounds like just the stock tuning. When mine was stock I remember attempting some breakstands and it would do the same, had both pedals to the floor and it would go to about 1500 and no boost and then with some modulating of the brake pedal I could get the boost to come up and the rpm's to go up too, but was a kinda long process just to get the tires spinning :doh:

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Adam...I have just a straight pipe...factory 3.5" exhaust no cat and no muffler. would that work fine?

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Justin
46 Posts
About two weeks ago i ran a [email protected] with a 1.9 sucky 60ft and thats on stock skinny street tires and couldnt leave the line no more than 10lbs of boost or it would spin like hell and thats only a tuner and exaust on a CC 4x4 truck.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap ya'll this is makin me want one soooooooo F****** BAD!!!!!!!!!!

How bout my mileage??? 173k and she's a daily driver

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
thats weird, when i ran my truck in stock form the other day i was still able to powerbrake and spin my tires... and i have 199k miles

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can spin my tires...But sometimes she takes awhile to get them goin.

·
It wasn't me
1,232 Posts

Have you done maintenance like your supposed to? If you don't I wouldn't mess with it cause it could be on its last leg as it is.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I change my oil very regularly. I change all my filters aswell. My truck runs great. She's just very slow.

·
It wasn't me
1,232 Posts
Yes I change my oil very regularly. I change all my filters aswell. My truck runs great. She's just very slow.
Sounds like a good candidate for some tunes.:tree: Just be prepared for some coolant loss:doh: It eventually happens to them all

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

Dude, If you get an SCT, then Ill be the slowest Diesel @ the track. :mad: Damn. December can't get here fast enough (yearly BONUS). I need those Injectors NOW! Or I just need to find someone with a 6.5L chevy and invite them, Im pretty confident I could win against one of those. LOL

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Or I just need to find someone with a 6.5L chevy and invite them, Im pretty confident I could win against one of those. LOL
LOL LOL LOL

I like your thinking, specially since its picking on a GM products :ford:

Gotta watch out for those late model factory turbo trucks though LOL

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
dude... seems like something could be wrong with your truck... My truck ran a 16.94 with my set up. Its a 7.3 (slower than 6.0) with stock 3.73 gears and HEAVY 38's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts