Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just started my truck the oil pressure said it was fine i drove to the store came back and i got a huge puddle of oil on the driveway... and i look under and i cant see exactly where its coming from but its pissing oil from the back of my block by my starter.......

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Check the oil pan. The clutch inspection cover might have rubbed a hole in it. Take the cover off and clean things real good and start the truck. My truck has the problem now. There was a TSB on some trucks about this problem. Might be it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the oil pan. The clutch inspection cover might have rubbed a hole in it. Take the cover off and clean things real good and start the truck. My truck has the problem now. There was a TSB on some trucks about this problem. Might be it.
ill check it out what else could it be?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mine did that kinda a pain in the ass esp since yours is a 4x4. But that is prolly it. Take your flywheel cover off get up there with a flashlight after the truck is warmed up and you should be able to find it. Mines was just inside the flywheel on the drivers side of the pan.

If thats not it then check your valley. If there is oil in there then you have a couple probable things but that def a first to check

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did that kinda a pain in the ass esp since yours is a 4x4. But that is prolly it. Take your flywheel cover off get up there with a flashlight after the truck is warmed up and you should be able to find it. Mines was just inside the flywheel on the drivers side of the pan.

If thats not it then check your valley. If there is oil in there then you have a couple probable things but that def a first to check
i just went and looked at my truck and i looked on the top of the block and found a loose bolt sitting there but idk where it came from.. but its right on top of the block..

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
so was there oil in the valley? if so wipe it off really well. Maybe even with pb blaster and then run the truck and you'll see where its comin from

·
Banned
924 Posts
when mine was leaking that way it was the EPBV solenoid o-ring, just sayin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when mine was leaking that way it was the EPBV solenoid o-ring, just sayin
well i figured it out it was the hpop........ now i got to fix that then the tranny i plugged it in a scanner its saying i need a tps and a neutral saftey sensor......

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The MLPS(neutral safety) on the trans or do you have a standard trans? If you are refering to the MLPS on the side of the trans(if auto) then it is only available from Ford. It is around 70 bucks. I would check and make sure it is set correctly first though. If it is a stick shift then I am not sure how much they are or if available aftermarket. The TPS is available at Advance Auto in the Dorman brand. It is part # 699-200. The BWD brand sensor does not work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts