Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is in no start condition. When I test the fuses with a test light fuse 22 does not light up. The fuel bowl wire harness looks okay. The wires do not seem to be shorted out and all the insulation is on them. Where else do I need to look?

After a Buzz test with Car Gauge Pro I got a bunch of codes. Hopefully one you can help me out on this one. Also, I used a test light to check the fuse box under the hood and fuse 22 didn't light up. I have continuity when using a multimeter and I pulled the fuse, it is good.

Here are the codes:
P0270
P1277
P1275
P1291
P0012
P007C
P0001
P0603
P1212

Any help would be very appreciated!!! I really need this truck back up and running A.S.A.P!!!

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
If you don't have power to the # 22 fuse under the hood when the key is on the truck will not start, and I am surprised that you were able to pull codes.

The # 22 fuse powers the PCM relay so without it the PCM will not turn on so there should be no codes.

I no longer have access to the codes and what they are so you should do a google search for the codes and see what they are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, now my ignorance is really showing! Fuse 22 has power WITH key on!

Now that mystery is solved.

Anybody have any info on the codes???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems bad IDM and PCM? I have changed both of those and still had a no start issue..

Guess I need to go a little more in depth.
Changed the valve cover gaskets after the harnesses, on both sides, burned up and left me on the side of the highway. The ICP, IPR, HPOP have all been changed out. Also, a new engine wire harness was put in. Ever since all that it will crank over but will not start.

Maybe the harnesses burning up fried the injectors? I'm grasping at straws now and would really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, the CPS has been changed as well

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Clear the codes and see what comes back. Some of those codes are not applicable to the PSD I think (P0001, P0012, P007C). P603 is the Keep Alive Memory (KAM) code that comes up when the batteries are disconnected. You can do some simple checking of the injector/glowplug wiring by doing the following:

For checking the injector/glowplug wiring: From each valvecover gasket connection's outermost pins (2 per connector) to ground you should get 0.1 to 2 ohms (indicates good plug and wiring). From each valvecover gasket connection's center pin to each immediately adjacent pin, you should get around 3 ohms (indicates good injector solenoid and wiring). You should not get any continuity from any of the outer pins to the 3 inner pins (indicates no shorts between injector and glowplug wiring). You should also get 0 to 1 ohms from each of the external harness connectors outer pins back to the Glowplug Relay's large terminal on the GP side (indicates good wiring from external connections back to the relay).

If the HPOP/ICP/IPR were all changed out, you could have air in the HP oil system and it will take a bit to start. Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Patrick. I'm going to try this tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cleared and checked codes again. Got two different ones this time. P1270 and P1212. Could anyone tell me what both of those together would be?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
P1212 is an ICP code, sometimes caused when repairs are made to the HP oil system (long cranking time, air in the system). I don't know what P1270 is. It is not listed in my documents. Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, should I keep clearing it and cranking until it starts? I did just change the hpop. Or could it be something else? It seems when I have the ICP plugged in it takes awhile to build pressure. Unplugged it builds fast. Could it be I got a bad sensor? But the truck should start even with it unplugged, correct?

·
Registered
941 Posts
The truck will run with the ICP unplugged. If the truck does start and run you likely have a problem in the ICP wiring. As for the P1270.... the generic code (according to Ford) is: Engine RPM Or Vehicle Speed Limiter Reached. Are you capturing data as the truck cranks? I would watch/capture the RPM PID as you are cranking just to see if it is doing anything crazy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry it's NOT P1270 it's P1280

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rpms will jump between 150 and 250 while cranking.

·
Registered
941 Posts
P1280 ICP Circuit Out of Range Low - the ICP input is being pulled low. You likely have a bad ICP or an incorrectly wired plug as the pressure seems to come up normal with the ICP disconnected. I'm still leary of your RPMs... I would expect them to be fairly steady.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, I did get it running today! Now it's runs super rough and I got codes P1272, P1274, P1276 when I did the buzz test. I also got code P0269 on the cylinder contribution test. Car gauge says it's cylinder 4 but all the searches I've done say cylinder 3. Any thoughts on what is going on now?

·
Registered
941 Posts
P12xx codes are all coming off the even cylinder bank. Check the wiring from the IDM connector back to the injectors... I would do an Ohm check.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do I do the ohm check? I have never had to do that before.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Check out this post: IDM connector problem There is a pdf that explains which pins are which. You need to find decent DMM (Digital Multi-Meter). Oreilly Auto or Napa seem to carry good ones. I would get a DMM in the 30 to 50 dollar range. Then follow the procedure in the pdf.

Cj

1 - 20 of 21 Posts