Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was pokin around under the hood of my truck yesterday just looking around and noticed the oil fill cap had some old oil running down the filler neck, so i took the cap off while the truck was running to wipe the oil off and i noticed some vapor coming out of the filler neck and if i flip the cap upside down and block the filler neck hole with the cap, the cap slides off after about 3 seconds. but i believe it is from the vibration of the engine, not solely from blowby. what is a good way to gauge how much blowby is too much? the truck runs phenomenal and doesnt even hesitate on cold starts, 3 revolutions and shes fired. I havent had to plug in once and its gotten to below 30 overnight here, truck has no lack of power. am i just looking at maybe injector o-rings? the injectors were just replaced 10k ago per ford dealer writeup that i got with the truck. so im having a hard time swallowing that pill, but anything is possible i guess. any input would be appreciated, thanks!

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
i was pokin around under the hood of my truck yesterday just looking around and noticed the oil fill cap had some old oil running down the filler neck, so i took the cap off while the truck was running to wipe the oil off and i noticed some vapor coming out of the filler neck and if i flip the cap upside down and block the filler neck hole with the cap, the cap slides off after about 3 seconds. but i believe it is from the vibration of the engine, not solely from blowby. what is a good way to gauge how much blowby is too much? the truck runs phenomenal and doesnt even hesitate on cold starts, 3 revolutions and shes fired. I havent had to plug in once and its gotten to below 30 overnight here, truck has no lack of power. am i just looking at maybe injector o-rings? the injectors were just replaced 10k ago per ford dealer writeup that i got with the truck. so im having a hard time swallowing that pill, but anything is possible i guess. any input would be appreciated, thanks!
If it ain't broke.....fix it until it is...LOL....not really!
If it's running good don't mess with it.....

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Probably just came off due to vibration. When I had a hole in #7 piston, that thing bounced off, LOL. Your fine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yep a steady haze if fine.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the peace of mind guys. @kila you had me laughinLOL now ill know i have severe internal engine damage when the oil cap knocks me out haha,thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts