Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2006 F250, 6.0 powerstroke
26 Posts
Also, sorry if I sound dumb, this is my first Powerstroke, but where are those wires going? I know the one on the left (drivers battery) goes to ground in the block, for the right battery where are those 2 negative wires supposed to go?
Go to ficimrepair.com and look under accessories. They have good photos that should help.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Okay thanks a lot brother. Also one more question , you said passenger side top, did you mean driver side top alternator? I have an alternator on drivers side top and an alternator underneath on passenger side
Sorry about that, I forgot that they swapped the AC compressor and alternator on the 99+ years of trucks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Um, at 24v you should have caught the cables on fire, or at least, shorted them out and burned the starter up.
What are you reading the voltage with?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
92 Posts
correct/ start off using the top alternator. once working properly add in the lower alternator.
all large ground wires should go to the block.
the small ground wire goes to body. you should also have a ground wire from body to block, usually on the back of the engine, and sometimes a ground wire from frame to body.

if that were my truck, i would order a proper positive battery cable and get rid of that cobbled together mess.
those clamp on battery cable ends are junk and let acid into the cable which destroys the cable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Okay got a normal reading . Meter was junk. So on that diagram where do g102 and g104 go? Big black wire to lower alternator and small black wire to inner fender?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Both of those wires should go to block grounds according to the picture. Have you verified that the one actually goes to the lower alternator and is connected onto the back of the alternator or does it just look like it goes there?

Both negative terminals on the batteries should go to block grounds and not the the alternator. The alternator supplies voltage when working properly and with it being connected to the negative of a battery would cause problems.

Just so that you know on the colors is that black is a ground wire and red wires carry voltage. But with the way that your truck is wired with no regard to colors as to what they are for is anyone's guess

21 - 27 of 27 Posts