Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
click the link in my sig. he can get you what ever you need.

he is also a member on here and goes by NOTSTOCK. Pm him and see what he can do.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
My 4" procomp rides better than stock did and quieter. The best price I could find was the procomp.

·
never ends
94 Posts
What wheels and tires are you going with?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
For a budget system, id recommend a zone offroad over procomp. the ride is nice and the quality is good. just no frills. Whats nice also is zone is made by BDS, so you get bds springs instead of the procomps. Procomps have a tendency to sag after a couple of years, and do not ride as nice as the BDS springs imo. We sell the zone kits for around $800.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best riding kit you can get is a 4.5" hanger kit with either Icon or Bilstein shocks..you get what you pay for..

We have whats required to do your truck correctly.

Cary

·
This We'll Defend
1,548 Posts
For a budget system, id recommend a zone offroad over procomp. the ride is nice and the quality is good. just no frills. Whats nice also is zone is made by BDS, so you get bds springs instead of the procomps. Procomps have a tendency to sag after a couple of years, and do not ride as nice as the BDS springs imo. We sell the zone kits for around $800.
I like the one that Aggie put on my truck. I think it actually improved the ride.

·
<---Beer version of PMR's
59 Posts
I would recommend a 4.5" hangar lift and add the best shocks you can afford. I went with 4" full spring kit from donahoe, bout the most spendy way to go, but my factory springs were sagged bad. IF your springs are ok, hangar+ bilstein 5100, 5150 etc shocks would ride about the best IMO. For mostly daily driver I like softest springs with really good shocks and maybe an anti-sway bar upgrade. For serious off-roading, ditch the swaybar, upgrade springs, add dual shock setup.IMO

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
4in procomp.Loved mine and for the price you can't beet it.Hangers are only as good as the springs they are on.If you have worn out stock springs then I would say no to hangers and get new springs.A 2000 truck like yours has been sitting on them for 10 years now so there tired.My 4in procomps rode better then my 6in Deavers do.But then again my 6in deavers ride better then my buddys 6in procomps.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I should also ad that my 4in procomp rode better then stock.The stock was a little softer but took bumps hard where the procomp takes them firmer and more stable.I got procomps 9000 gas shocks with my kit for $750 from topguncustomz with $50 shipping so $800 for a new kit shipped.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
I would have done hangers but my springs were shot and I did not want to have to replace the springs after fronting the cost of the hangers. I just did it all in one at once.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
When I pulled off my nice riding Fabtech lift and lowered my truck I purchased the cheapest lift I could get. It is a 2.5" Rough Country and it gave me an actual 4.5" and settled to 4". I only paid $250 and that included shipping.

The ride is quite poor however. It actually rides perfect when the truck is loaded.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would look at a 4" rough country lift... i run a shop where i live and have sold tons of these kits and installed them... great riding, reasonable price and easy to put on... in most cases when you receive this kit you will receive superlift springs....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts