Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what injectors you guys would recomend to run with a powermax with a batmo wheel upgrade to get into that 550-600 hp range. Or if that's just asking to much out of that turbo. I was thinking 190 could do the job, I feel like they would support plenty of fuel, if the batmo wheel upgrade could supply the air. Also into this occansion if running a bigger than 190, say a set of 205 do you think they could be turned down with a custom tow tune enough to tow locally. Just curious on different perspectives

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
We've had a couple running 175/75's with a regular powermax. No real results but they run real nice. Very streetable.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Quite a few people say that the Powermax can't clear up 190's, but there's also a group who says that it can. I don't think I'd go any bigger than that, even with a batmowheel.

But to your point, tuning is the name of the game.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You wont get to the 550-600 mark with the powermax w/batmo wheel and 190's. The 190's have enough fuel for that HP range, but you'll need a bigger turbo than the powermax hit those numbers.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think a couple people on here have ,made just under 550 with that setup, minus the batmowheel. I have 190/75 nozzles w powermax but no dyno time yet to see what it makes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You wont get to the 550-600 mark with the powermax w/batmo wheel and 190's. The 190's have enough fuel for that HP range, but you'll need a bigger turbo than the powermax hit those numbers.
That what I figured, I just have 0 experiene with the batmowheel. I knew it helped out, but didn't think it could support that kind of air

·
Registered
646 Posts
We need some dyno results on the batmowheel/powermax/190's combo and some without the batmowheel to get a difinitive answer, there is a ton of people on this and other sites asking the EXACT same thing. If i had time i would do it myself but so far no time LOL

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if somebody wants to donate the part ill go ahead and be the ginnie pig haha

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
We need some dyno results on the batmowheel/powermax/190's combo and some without the batmowheel to get a difinitive answer, there is a ton of people on this and other sites asking the EXACT same thing. If i had time i would do it myself but so far no time LOL
You should also get track times to confirm the dyno readings. You just can't go off of the dyno readings. Track times will most likely be a bit more accurate.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i agree that these need to be tested, if anyone wants to contribute to this, ie loan injectors etc ive got a powermaxed truck and a dyno at full discretion, just need the injectors and wheel, i will also do it in one day so test truck stock with powermax, dyno truck with power max and injectors, dyno truck with powermax batmo and injectors

·
Registered
646 Posts
i agree that these need to be tested, if anyone wants to contribute to this, ie loan injectors etc ive got a powermaxed truck and a dyno at full discretion, just need the injectors and wheel, i will also do it in one day so test truck stock with powermax, dyno truck with power max and injectors, dyno truck with powermax batmo and injectors

That's gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG day. :eek:

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Thou I do agree about going down the track. But my truck is not gonna like it, 9.5 inch of lift and on 38's is not happy at high rate of speeds. I did 550 with my powermax and 190's, Donzimama bought my injectors, and ran a powermax and did 544 with it. Only 2 people I know too many people to follow around keeping track of everyone. If I had my 190s still I'd do it again but i dont. There was a few PSN members that saw my dyno, and Donzi was done at Rudy's.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thou I do agree about going down the track. But my truck is not gonna like it, 9.5 inch of lift and on 38's is not happy at high rate of speeds. I did 550 with my powermax and 190's, Donzimama bought my injectors, and ran a powermax and did 544 with it. Only 2 people I know too many people to follow around keeping track of everyone. If I had my 190s still I'd do it again but i dont. There was a few PSN members that saw my dyno, and Donzi was done at Rudy's.

Those sticks were 75% Over nozzles too right? Too many posts on the brain can't remember anymore. :doh:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So if these injectors were 190/75, with a stock powermax. Shouldn't a set of 190/100 and a batmo wheel upgrade push past that 550 to 575 mark?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yes a set of 190/100 with powermax and batmo should get ya there for sure

·
Registered
646 Posts
If the Batmowheel can clean the fuel up enough, tuning it should be able to but i don't think anyone has been down this road as of yet.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts