Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put glow plugs and injectors in my 99.5 in sig before winter gets here. I want something slightly bigger than stock but not stupid big in hopes of gettin away running stock hpop and turbo for while longer. I use the truck primarily as daily driver which includes quite a bit of towing and normal farm tasks. Also the truck has right about 287k miles but seems to be healthy all things considered. Doesn't have excessive blowby and starts ok until it gets cold outside.
What injectors do ya'll think would be a good choice?

I've been looking at 160's and like the price but would i be ahead to get something slightly larger?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would throw a set of brand new AC injectors in there...

No better money spent on our trucks over the years. Work fine with the stock turbo, better then stock injectors with the stock HPO system and EGT's are in check.

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
We can sell you a set of 160's with a slightly larger 30% nozzle. They are cheaper, provide more power, and have a better 18 month warranty than new Alliant Power injectors.

PM me for details.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I went with stage 1's from full force which were 160cc with stock nozzle. If I had to do over I would probably go with the 30 or 80% nozzle just for future potential, but I love my truck and the new life the injectors gave it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
what is the major difference between stage 1's and stage 2's?
Hybrids?
I have Stage 1's from Swamps, now, looking at going to next level next year with bigger turbo and modded HPOP

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Stage 2's Stage 2's Stage 2's Stage 2's Stage 2's Stage 2's........ Stage 2's
Why do stage 2's when the forums say go right to hybrids? :eek: :poke:

I would take both Bean and Nates advice and go with a good set of remans over the Aliant, save some money and put it towards other things......like a clutch.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Stage 1's are stock nozzle, 2's have larger nozzles. Ours will come with 100% nozzles and dont be affraid of the 100's they work awesome on a 160cc injector. Tow anything you want at any speed you want and still get down on the weekend when you want to play. Also not so large of an injector that you have to "dial" anything back or have to do a bunch of other supporting upgrades. Best alround injector for a 7.3.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Why do stage 2's when the forums say go right to hybrids? :eek: :poke:
Why do a 160/80 when you can do a 238/80. Then why would you do a 238/80 when you can get a 250/100 for the same cost. But why do that when you could do a 250/200 for the same cost as that. Or why not just bump up to a 300/200. Really though just spend a few more bucks & get a 400/200 or why not a 455/400 & get it de-tuned. Or or or.........:doh:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Why do a 160/80 when you can do a 238/80. Then why would you do a 238/80 when you can get a 250/100 for the same cost. But why do that when you could do a 250/200 for the same cost as that. Or why not just bump up to a 300/200. Really though just spend a few more bucks & get a 400/200 or why not a 455/400 & get it de-tuned. Or or or.........:doh:
LOL

I like the signature also!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
If your not looking for tons of hp i would go with Stage 1's with 100% nozzles. safe and reliable with stock turbo and tranny.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
If your not looking for tons of hp i would go with Stage 1's with 100% nozzles. safe and reliable with stock turbo and tranny.
A stage 1 (160cc) with a 100% nozzle is usually called a stage 2.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes your right! sorry i meant stage 1's which is 160cc with stock nozzles. sorry.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Which ones are going to be less oil hungry? Op said he wants to run his stock pump... mine seem a bit hungry...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! That's about what i thought somewhere around stage 1 and stage 2.
As far as my clutch is concerned it's a a Luk considered to be "better than stock" and it's little less than a year old. Well they failed to tell me that it's only about a 275hp clutch :doh:... Needless to say it's been slipped a couple times so after injectors it's hard to say how long it'll last so that'll prolly be the next thing i'll be on the market for

1 - 17 of 17 Posts