Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what gear you pullin in with your 6.0

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  01redcrew 
#1 ·
hey guys i went out today and put my truck in 4l 3rd gear with erics x-street and x-race and i was just messing around to see. But when i would hammer on it and get the rmps to say 3200-3500 it would just snap and take off, was that my turbo just lightin or what. Just tring to figure out what that is and what gear to pull in. Truck has 03 turbo and eric tunes, Will have trac bars whenl pulling they are sitting in the barn. Just needed put on

#5 ·
The only problem with 4hi 1st gear is you can't lock the converter. I like to boost launch in 2nd low and manually shift to 3rd low with a locked converter, I have a unlock switch for tight tracks.

In 3rd low you can get more HP to the ground and loose less threw converter slip.

#14 ·
The only problem with 4hi 1st gear is you can't lock the converter. I like to boost launch in 2nd low and manually shift to 3rd low with a locked converter, I have a unlock switch for tight tracks.

In 3rd low you can get more HP to the ground and loose less threw converter slip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-CEfAXwoBQ
Nice!

I'm on the other side of the mountain in Shippensburg!
Howdy neighbor!

#6 ·
i pulled last year with my truck in 4l 3rd but i didnt have my sct than i used my buddys ppe. Im sure its a different ballgame with the torgue converter locked. I did win my classs somehow with that ppe

#7 ·
Well this is something i have been wanting to know cause i would like to try to hook to a sled wit mine and see how it does. I have an sct with custom tunes from tony wildman, working on traction bars for the rear

so if am understanding this right you guys suggest 4 wheel low and in 3rd gear, no shiffting or nothing just lock it in 3rd gear and mash the go peddel is that what i am understanding

#13 ·
With my 97 I would pull 2nd low. My brother and my brother-in-law both have 06 6.0's and pull in 2nd low (they both have SCT's with Eric's tunes) with great results. All manual trucks.

#15 ·
I don't think you will get 4th gear low range with the manual unless you put lower gears in it, I pull with a 2.6 6.0 6 speed, I pull 4 low in "marked" 3rd gear witch is actually your 4th forward gear. But back to the guy that started the thread: built transmission? what size and type tires? what type of track? what modifications to the truck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.