Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order gauges , my truck is a 99.5 7.3 with a manual transmission . I would like to have 3 gauges but I really don't see a need for a transmission temperature . What would you guys do in my situation?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Egt
Boost

·
Renegade Diesel
255 Posts
i just have EGT and Boost

·
Registered
111 Posts
fuel pressure is another good one two have

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I considered a fuel gauge, I don't like having the thought of fuel being in the cab of the truck. I may just get a egt and boost.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have EGT, Boost, and Trans Temp.
Mine are Auto Meter ultra lites.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ISSPRO is the only way to go. They are electric too so no worries about fuel in the cab.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to hear such good things about them. I think for now I will just run a egt and boost. When I go bigger with injectors I may grab a few more gauges .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Diesel Manor has a kit that includes EGT, boost, and fuel pressure. Comes with everything you need to install them and wire them up. If I were you I would get this, but then again it's your truck and money.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you check the price out? My local shop got me isspro ev2 60 psi boost and 2000 egt for 250 installed.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Those prices ARE NOT EV-2 pricing... Sounds like EV pricing. Confirm what gauges you are getting for $250 installed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Autometer is the only way to go lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a retard moment, they are just EV not ev2 .

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
oil temp might not be a bad one to have too IMO

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Autometer is the only way to go lol

LOL... What does Autometer offer that Isspro does not?

Or the better question is why go with Autometer? They offer nothing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ran autometer in my trail truck . They did not like the abuse of bouncing. I ended up going to a sunpro, they are holding up great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
LOL... What does Autometer offer that Isspro does not?

Or the better question is why go with Autometer? They offer nothing.
They offer nothing, really? Guess I haven't been on their site lately to see what they don't have. I put AM in my truck 8 years ago with no problems running the gauges in my sig. I bought a truck last fall with isspros in it and day or night I can't hardly read them. Was never a problem with my AM. Since you seem to be the isspro expert could explain the mess of boxes and rats nest of wires that's under the dash, the mess my AutoMeters don't have.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
They offer nothing, really? Guess I haven't been on their site lately to see what they don't have. I put AM in my truck 8 years ago with no problems running the gauges in my sig. I bought a truck last fall with isspros in it and day or night I can't hardly read them. Was never a problem with my AM. Since you seem to be the isspro expert could explain the mess of boxes and rats nest of wires that's under the dash, the mess my AutoMeters don't have.
That would be the AMP box, the old EV gauges had a amp box with the stepper motor, bet those gauges were 5-7 years old.

EV-2 gauges do not have that, they also have built in warning lights, programmable triggers, daisy chain wire harnesses, LED back lighting, factory match...

The Performax line offers even more like data logging, peak recall and such...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.