Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just ordered a set of injectors 238/100 .Ihave a fass 150/180 new on the shelf,But worried on the dependability on this pump.Any suggestions, thanks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ask marty, or irate about dual stockers....would be my choice.

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
After losing a Walbro because it was sucking through a dead AD pump I'm becoming a fan of 12mic water separator prepump filter, Walbro, 2 mic post pump filter and delete everything on the motor filter wise. Even sucking through the dead AD the Walbro made it 50K, and they are half the price of a stocker. My next setup will be the forementioned with dual Walbro's.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Dual Walbros pulling through a 10mic and pushing through a 2 mic up to the heads....

made 615hp this weekend without every dropping 1 psi, stayed at 68 the entire run. And that is pulling through a straw, no sump!

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
Dual Walbros pulling through a 10mic and pushing through a 2 mic up to the heads....

made 615hp this weekend without every dropping 1 psi, stayed at 68 the entire run. And that is pulling through a straw, no sump!

would this 615 HP be with the mods listed in the classifieds??

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
very nice..congrats..you worked hard to get them ##'s:bowfast:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice to see the dual Walbros are working that well,that's what I'm installing this weekend.

·
Registered
384 Posts
655 h.p. on spray 65 psi all day didnt drop 1 psi. dual walbro from BEANS and a stock draw tube.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Do any of you guys have pics of your set up? I would love to see pics for ideas. How do you decide what pump to use? gph/gpm/lph/psi/ etc etc... I'm not fully understanding. Also, when you say "threw a straw", I'm assuming you took the stock pump out of the tank, what'd you do with the gigantic hole in the tank?

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Do any of you guys have pics of your set up? I would love to see pics for ideas. How do you decide what pump to use? gph/gpm/lph/psi/ etc etc... I'm not fully understanding. Also, when you say "threw a straw", I'm assuming you took the stock pump out of the tank, what'd you do with the gigantic hole in the tank?
There isn't a pump in the tank, if you have a stock superduty, they have an electric pump on the frame rail, if you have a stock obs, they have a mechanical pump that runs off the cam mounted in the valley of the motor. When they say running off a draw straw, that means there basically using either the stock pick-up tube in the tank, or a modified 1. Also, if you use the search feature, an type in e-fuel, you'll get a bunch of reading material with various set-ups.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Dieselsite has a good kit for obs as does possibly bean.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Irate has a new one for an OBS also

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Why is it whenever you bring up efuel everyone hollers "KITS here, KITS there."

Does nobody build their own stuff anymore? I'm just looking for what kind of fuel pump to use, not fuel kit. Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got twin walbros gsl 392 for mine off ebay, less than a 100.00 for each

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Depending on your power goals.

Stock super duty, dual stockers, walbro, dual walbros, a1000, Fuelab, weldon.......

I prefer stock super duty pumps up to about 400 HP.... or until they start dropping pressure.

I prefer dual stockers or a walbro up to about 600.....

Dual walbros, a1000, Fuelab, weldon pumps for 600+

For the super duties I make a complete bolt on kit that mounts inside the frame rail unless you have a regular cab 4x4 or extended cab short bed 4x4. Then it bolts to the outside of frame rail. It uses any of the aforementioned pumps.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Single Walbro (if you have a big enough straw to suck through, will last and hold plenty of power for most.

If for some reason its dropping pressure its pretty simple to add a SD pump or another Walbro to it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts