Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just joined this forum and hope to get some suggestions for my truck. I have a 2001 F350, 4x4, crew cab, dually. It has some custom running boards and stuff but my kids are telling me it "looks out of date". They say those diamond plate , lighted running boards and stuff has got to go. They say I need nerf bars, a leveling kit, and taller tires. So I'm all for it. I've had the truck for 13 years and it's looked this way the whole time so I'm ready for a "new look". Opinions please! Advice on tire size, leveling kit or lift kit?

This pic was taken a couple years ago and was already uploaded in my photo bucket album. The truck looks the same now. The horse trailer is not actually hooked up in this pic as you can tell. I will be towing with this truck.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,855 Posts
welcome to PSN! any chance on a picture of the front end? I always thought the 05-07 'harley davidson' or smoked type of headlight lenses look really clean against red paint! also, i like the way 99-04s end up looking overall when they get the 05-07 front clip swap ... just my opinion tho!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also needing input as size of tires, lift kit or leveling kit and all of that. I want the truck to look updated and nice and still ride nice and be able to tow. I would like to see pics of other's trucks if anyone wans to share. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Loose the ranch hand running boards, and i definetly second going with the HD light package.. A nice set of clean 18"-22" wheels with some rugged AT or MT over sized tires would really set this truck off. Especially with a 6" lift....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,855 Posts
i guess you've got stock-ish 265/75/16s? I think i read that 35" tires will fit without a lift, otherwise the sky is the limit... should be plenty of info on here on tires especially for 4wds. being as you're towing a lot, i'd hate to go too awful big!

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,855 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loose the ranch hand running boards, and i definetly second going with the HD light package.. A nice set of clean 18"-22" wheels with some rugged AT or MT over sized tires would really set this truck off. Especially with a 6" lift....

LOL.. about the running boards. My kids tell me that's what's making my truck look like an "old man truck" Ha ha. I don't know about the 6" lift though. That seems high for towing a horse trailer? Also, I would like to keep the rims I have without purchasing new. I appreciate your input though and am sure it would look good. I do however have to keep in mind that I will be towing horses so can't go too high.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess you've got stock-ish 265/75/16s? I think i read that 35" tires will fit without a lift, otherwise the sky is the limit... should be plenty of info on here on tires especially for 4wds. being as you're towing a lot, i'd hate to go too awful big!
yes I do. The tires I have on now are bald and I've got to get some new one's on. Im ready to buy some but need to know exactly what I want to do to truck before purchasing new tires.

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
Run some 255/85r16 tires. Run x code front springs. Ditch the running boards. Get new Harley headlights from 1a auto. @1ATony will hook you up. And possibly a new grill. Also 1a auto.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
LOL.. about the running boards. My kids tell me that's what's making my truck look like an "old man truck" Ha ha. I don't know about the 6" lift though. That seems high for towing a horse trailer? Also, I would like to keep the rims I have without purchasing new. I appreciate your input though and am sure it would look good. I do however have to keep in mind that I will be towing horses so can't go too high.
Just a little note lol I am trying to sell my 08 crew cab running boards on here (cough) lol. Even if you keep your wheels , you can always go for the over sized, aggressive tread tire. As far as towing with a lift kit, you can always use a drop hitch.. A buddy has an 06 with an 8" kit and he tows a 26' enclosed job trailer on a 6" drop hitch. Anything is possible!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
lol! yeah i believe 08-10s will bolt right up to any superduty year model!
oh, i have a sneaking suspicion FordGirl's got a 5th wheel, based on that first pic...
Hahaha that pic didn't load while I was in the office, and yes I would agree that has the looks of a 5th wheel.... I could be wrong though!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts