Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a proven set up feel free to jump in with some advice. My son is running Casserly 190's. What turbo would it take to clean up the black smoke? I am sure a single turbo is not going to totally clean it up. But what is his best option for getting most of it cleaned up. Right now it puts out a thick black fog. I mean thick thick.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Like Spin said who's doing his tuning ? It can be tuned down and a powermax would help clean a little and even it out.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
what size nozzles do the 190's have? My casserly 190's have 75% nozzles and the 64/71/70 non vgt turbo cleans them up pretty decent with a haze still left over.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
LOL My avatar pic was stock injectors and stock turbo and stock fuel system...that was over 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
was at the track and forgot to put it in 4x4 HI....built some boost and roasted the tires LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is running Extreme street right now. I will give Eric a call and see get him to write another tune. I was wondering if it might be the turbo isn't putting enough air out. The nozzles are 100% Looks like I just need to have it tuned down. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
175 Posts
you are correct the turbo is part of the deal. Assentially you are over fueling the truck. With the amount of smoke you are refering to I think a turbo, i prefer the powermax with batomowheel, and some tuning will get him where he wants to be.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mours, thanks for the info. The Poweremax is reasonably priced. I might give it a try. First I will contact Eric and try to take a little fuel out with a tune. I will say, the truck has some serious power though. For a big truck. But I am thinking that I should be able to keep that power level and clean it up just a little. I don't mind a little smoke. But this is quite a lot. I am still waiting on a friend of mine to reply on Facebook. He is running compounds with the turbo I have as one of the turbos. I might just go that direction. Still up for grabs right now on what I am going to do. Just trying to get some opinions. Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts