Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, what would 500-550 horsepower 7.3 psd do far as 1/8th mile and 1/4 times? Assuming a built transmission, and all the supporting mods. My truck is a crew cab 4x4, and it weighs about 7200 lbs with me in it. I just want a ballpark figure? Mid 8's?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Thanks man. What is that 1/8th mile? 8.60 or so?

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah 8.6ish. used to be a guy with a burgandy psd who ran at the track all the time. ran propane and nos together,and truck ran upper 8s in the eight mile.was very consistent...

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
youll be low 13s high 12s all day

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i ran 8 flat at about 6200lbs at that power level. o and that was spining some on launch.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah 8.6ish. used to be a guy with a burgandy psd who ran at the track all the time. ran propane and nos together,and truck ran upper 8s in the eight mile.was very consistent...
Thanks Jess. Are you talking about Kenny?

And thanks guys. Im looking forward to tearing this thing down come the end of the summer. I can't wait...

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
I ran 13.31 last night on street tune 106.17mph 2.14 60ft I cant build boost anymore at the line :doh:

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Why can't you build boost? As a point of reference for the purposes of this thread, I believe you're a little above the hp being discussed here ;)

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
Like the title says, what would 500-550 horsepower 7.3 psd do far as 1/8th mile and 1/4 times? Assuming a built transmission, and all the supporting mods. My truck is a crew cab 4x4, and it weighs about 7200 lbs with me in it. I just want a ballpark figure? Mid 8's?
For some, 500-550 hp in a 7.3 equates to a big kaboom and big $$.

:poke:

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
544 Posts
Im planning on swaping in either some forged or Hypermax rods.
I just ave one question if you are going to spend the $$ on the Hypermax why not go to the Crowers? Arent the Hypermax and Crowers about the same cost?

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
Why can't you build boost? As a point of reference for the purposes of this thread, I believe you're a little above the hp being discussed here ;)
I'll find out in a week, we think its converter related, ordered a spragless but it seems i had one and it went out :doh:

·
Banned
544 Posts
What is the benefit of crowers over hypermax?

Wasn't cale running hypermax rods when his block split in half?
YOu have more sets of Crowers out there running than the Hypermax rods that have been time tested and proven to have the reliablity of hold together in high power engines. For 2600 for a set of forged rods just seems a bit high to me. If you are are going to go back with forged rods why not get a set of Zanes forged rods that have been cryod and such which would seem like the same thing as the hypermax rods and put about 2K+ back in your pocket.

As far as to what Cale was running I dont know but I do know of more that one split block that had Crowers in it and the rods were fine and the block was toast. I guess my question still come back down to why go forged rods for that much cash if you can get something that has been test and proven for just a few hundred more?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YOu have more sets of Crowers out there running than the Hypermax rods that have been time tested and proven to have the reliablity of hold together in high power engines. For 2600 for a set of forged rods just seems a bit high to me. If you are are going to go back with forged rods why not get a set of Zanes forged rods that have been cryod and such which would seem like the same thing as the hypermax rods and put about 2K+ back in your pocket.

As far as to what Cale was running I dont know but I do know of more that one split block that had Crowers in it and the rods were fine and the block was toast. I guess my question still come back down to why go forged rods for that much cash if you can get something that has been test and proven for just a few hundred more?
Im sorry, I know that I probably shouldn't do that, but I was just using "Hypermax" as a general term. I want what is best, and probably will go with a set Zanes rods. I was just using Hypermax as a general term, sorry about that .

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

I see. So it's probably safe to say that a decent set of rods will outlast the block.

If I do rods I'll go with Zanes and pocket the extra 2k+.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

Oh wait.

Turns out the cheaper forged rods are stronger.

billet rods vs Forged. - Powerstroke Nation

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.