Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem for quite awhile with the truck in my sig. I seem to force coolant out of my coolant reservoir on any kind of semi-hard/ hard pulls. I replaced the cap and that didn't solve anything, Logan did a head gasket check before and it was fine. Today i went back by the shop and we put the tester on it again but this time ran up the RPMs to about 3k, watch the video and tell me what you think, we are thinking cracked head(s)
i'm open to all opinions...
Thanks,
Cooper

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
HG maybe

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That liquid turns yellow when exhaust gas is mixed with it, it stayed blue the whole time. Wouldn't that almost rule out HGs?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Ya sorry I didnt read the whole post. Ya I will agree with Dirk on that one. With no real boost pressures comin up its not the head bolts, and your not spewing. so that rules out HG's and head bolts. Cracked head would be next on the list. Not good man sorry to hear

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now i guess i need to know how harmful it is to keep running my truck like this until i can find some good heads to put on it...?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Can be catastrophic. I'd leave her parked just to be safe. but thats your call

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen some cracked heads before on other trucks and they made the trucks run real rough and crappy, but mine still runs like a top. Do you still think im playing with fire if i decide to keep running it?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Depends on how hard and for how long really. I've seen these 6.4's go for a ways before they run into major problems. but if it were me, I would stop the bleeding now and just get it fixed or park it till you can(if you can)

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess i'm now in the market for some heads, i'll just have to be easy on her for awhile. My little sister would probably be mad if i had to start driving her truck until mine got fixed

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Judging by the amount of air it could be pretty bad, but you might just want to hold tight for a bit and get your heads over to a good shop and see if there is anything they can do with em. It will save you alot of $

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I showed my dad the video and he thinks it could have something to do with boost pressure, could something just be plumbed wrong? The heads are probably going to come off either way, but before we do that i just want to make sure it's not something simple

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Is it me or did it not bubble up until the engine decelerated on that last rev?

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, which is why it doesn't make sense to me since the first time it revved up it bubbled while i was holding the throttle, then the second time it bubbled after i let off.
Be easy on me, i'm 19 and learning...

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I would find someone with a good scanner. Drive around and monitor the engine oil temp and cooling temp. If there more than 12-16* difference, most likely you have a clogged oil cooler and now possibly a bad egr cooler.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
If the EGR cooler is toast.. it could flash boil what coolant it sees... and that could be what you are seeing.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont have an EGR cooler... Could the oil cooler still be clogged? it was replaced at about 190k, iv got 218k on it now

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I doubt it but if you deleted it then no. I'm still leanin more towards the heads

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
I leaning towards head issues unless your egr delete has failed in some way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts