·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
My neglected 7.3L had very good results from 2 cycles of HSS... After I called the company and talked with a employee... They sent me a free 64oz jug... After 1k miles I noticed a smoother quieter idle and well as throttle response gradually was getting better... @ the 5k mile mark of this OCI... The 7.3L was a different animal... Even the wife noticed the difference over time... She drove the truck more then I...

Now my 7.3L was not well maintained the first 200K miles... If I had had it since day 1... I'm sure we would not have heard or felt the same results...

I since have tried Rev-X due to Andy sending me 2 free bottles for this Winter OCI... So far the start-ups seems faster... Idle is about the same... But I believe HSS had played a big part in to this.. It did what it claimed to do...

Oil additives is a really tricky discussion... Many Many different opinions...

A well maintained 7.3L probably will not show or have any noticeable results with any of these 2 products... But in my mind both aid in preventive maintenance...

I would personally look into Rev-X first... I have seen a few Virgin Oil Samples of this product... It is the real deal... very impressive additive package... I have talked to Andy a few times about the additives.... I would recommend this product to any 7.3L or 6.0L... There are thousands of personal testimonials on Rev-X as well... All positive results...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts