Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some gauges and since my phone is messing up and wont let me search I figured I'd just ask. I always see ppl say boost egg and trans temp.keep in mind I have a 97 obs and it has a manual transmission. I'm waiting on the diamond eye 3 inch downpipe and four inch straight pipe, 6637 intake. In the future I was thinking of the idm mod a six position chip, 99 17* degree pump, and maybe maybe stage one injection tors and intercooling it. Truck doesn't see much as far as towing but I do haul three of my horses every weekend to a friends house about an hour away in a 16 foot stock trailer I own. Now I was thinking boost egt and coolant temp but I'd like to see what all of y'all had to say about it. I'd like to a stick with autometer phantom gauges but dk who has the best price

·
Registered
433 Posts
thats what i did. get the boost and pro gauges and the third one is up to you! coolant temp, hpop, fuel pressure or what ever you want to keep an eye on! do all the easy mods first working ur way toward the more challenging one! good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
thats what i did. get the boost and pro gauges and the third one is up to you! coolant temp, hpop, fuel pressure or what ever you want to keep an eye on! do all the easy mods first working ur way toward the more challenging one! good luck!
what he said.....except without the exclamation points LOL

For the gauge setups we do on manual trucks, we either keep it a two gauge setup or for the third we go with fuel psi, Hpo psi or a scangauge.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys now anther question is it hard to install the fuel psi gauge? And what all does the scan gauge minuter and what are they running?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't wanna start another thread so hopefully this gets seen here.my reverse gear will sometime grind going in and after a bit will grind and pop itself out and back into nuetral.any ideas on what it might be? I'm guessing its gonna be expensive so I already started saving lol

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Thanks guys now anther question is it hard to install the fuel psi gauge? And what all does the scan gauge minuter and what are they running?
Scangauge will display everything the pcm sees plus it has two analog ports for add on sensors. It can also do injector buzz tests, cylinder contribution tests, read and clear dtcs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts