Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in the soon future I'm going to be needing another clutch. I'm on my second one now and it isnt looking to good. So I'm looking to go with a heavy duty one. My plans for my truck are 160cc injectors, IC, chip, 17* HPOP, and possibly a D66 turbo. I am just wondering what level clutch to get. I was thinking the 475HP clutch cause I am hard on it. lol :ford:

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I prefer overkill, and that's what I suggest to my customers looking for a clutch upgrade. I have sold quite a few Southbend Clutches for the OBS and everyone have been very happy with them, if you are interested in some prices, let me know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
stay away from ValAir!!

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
I have the south bend Con Ofe. It holds up easily to my stage I's and tw tunes... And I am pretty hard on it from time to time. never slips at all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I think I have my mind set on the South Bend 475HP one

·
single stacked stroker
120 Posts
i would slip my con ofe from time to time if i was on it hard pulling a trailer or side stepping it but other than that it held up pretty good and honestly i bought the truck with the clutch in it and i don't know how old it was my buddy has an ofe in his dodge 24v h.o with 150s air dog and tune and it never slips so i think mine was almost wore out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would love to throw my POS valair clutch right on Don's desk and tell him where to shove it

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
so call him and tell him whats wrong and get it worked out. i love my valair and it will be all i ever run in any truck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have dealt with him for 2 years now and only get excuses. I have never been treated with such disrespect. Im just saving up for a southbend and try to steer everyone away from valair.

·
Registered
65 Posts
and his name is Dan my mistake

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
UPS just dropped of a new valair at my house. I guess we'll see if they're any good. Its only the 400hp heavy organic, I didnt really feel that my truck was stout enough to justify anything bigger. Hopefully I dont regret this decision down the road.

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
I have dealt with him for 2 years now and only get excuses. I have never been treated with such disrespect. Im just saving up for a southbend and try to steer everyone away from valair.
That is wierd. I have heard nothing but good stuff about the customer service from Valair:confused:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
same here and thats the reason i bought from them, i know i love mine and ill definately go back to them til something goes a miss. some people have problems out of SB to so its lemons to lemons pretty much, just a personal preference and i know i paid the same price for my heavier valair that wouldve only got me a lil dinky SB so i aint to worried about it.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I love my Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch. I think the problems associated with the bashing could be that a purchase was made for an organic or near stock disk and the need is actually for something rated higher due to drive style ie: somebody buys an organic face disk with NO forethought towards future mods and drives it hard/pulls a load and the slipping begins or worse, it begins to break. I choose the ceramic-kevlar due to my driving style and future potential mods. I am happy with mine. I have been very happy with Dan and all the discussions I had with him prior to purchase and afterward and the same goes to the Aussie Kevin. They have their emails listed on site and have their personal cell phones listed and I have even had Kevin answer a question the night I was installing mine while he was out at a restaurant having dinner with friends/family concerning the flywheel bolts. I am not saying that there could not be others who had a problem or a different outcome form their experience, I am just trying to my personal experiences with Valair. Extrapoliate what you wish from it.
That being said, I have heard and would expect Southbend to be a very good clutch choice for those who wish to opt for that brand.
I tend to choose local or in-state providers if possible for my needs whether it is for my truck, car or the home. This is just one of my quirks you might say.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I went to Valair's website and they sell the flywheel separate. Could I get my Flywheel that I bought from NAPA resurfaced and use it with my Valair?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is Great. Yes in deed it is a single mass flywheel. So Valair it is, just now I have to pick which one to get. lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts