Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
Well got the truck back from getting a new motor on saturday and been playing with leaks and no ac working since monday. Hope to get it back to day and not find anymore leaks. Anyways every since I bought it I have some times noticed this white ish gray ish smoke some time coming out of it. So on Monday after I picked it up we went into a parking lot about 500 ft from the dealer because we didn't think that the A/C was working witch it wasn't. So I get out and its dumping out the smoke again so we jump in and race back to the shop for them to see it. I run into the shop to get the diesel mechanic so he can see it he comes out to look at it and then goes back inside and gets his computer and does a bunch of test and finally says that it's just carbon burning off? WTF its a new motor and its been doing this since I bought it. So I asked about the DPF and he says that mine is not full so it could not be the problem. So what will cause Gray ish white ish smoke its not coolant either,
Thanks
Nick :doh:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There should be no smoke at all. My dad's 6.4 has 30,000 miles and the inside of the exhaust is still clean like the day he bought it. It has never smoked in it's life. I would take it to a different shop.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does it smell like? Fuel, sweet or no smell... I bet sweet, especially if they used the old egr cooler...
We checked the EGR system and it all checked out. It smells like diesel unburnt. How does he prove it has a cracked DPF?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts