Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of Dp-tuner, which I know is loved, DI, and PHP. I believe PHP is "Bill", who used to tune for Edge. I am kind of leaning toward PHP because of Bill's history and experience. What do you guys recommend?

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Well.... Bill is um.... the man. lol.

Although I haven't personally ridden in or been a part of anything he's tuned, his understanding of the systems involved is of the highest level.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
ill tell you a little bit about his 6 position chip soon as i get it in the mail, i cant wait for it i want to know what 120 extra hp is gonna feel like...yeeehaaww not to mention the smoke setting i got on it gonna look like the little freight train that could...

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Dude..... Housey..

How did you skirt the picture limits for an avatar that bad LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems that DI and PHP use the same style of chip and with DP-TUNER you can get chips that hold more programs. Other than the chip and the switch being different, will the tuning be similar between the DP-TUNER and PHP? I think all 3 companies have a good rep. My biggest goal is for it to be safe and smooth. I have stock injectors and don't plan on going past a chip. I have an 03 7.3, with the weaker rods, so I don't plan on throwing crazy power at it.

·
Crusty old Bastich
387 Posts
It seems that DI and PHP use the same style of chip and with DP-TUNER you can get chips that hold more programs. Other than the chip and the switch being different, will the tuning be similar between the DP-TUNER and PHP? I think all 3 companies have a good rep. My biggest goal is for it to be safe and smooth. I have stock injectors and don't plan on going past a chip. I have an 03 7.3, with the weaker rods, so I don't plan on throwing crazy power at it.
Bill just live tuned my truck on a load dyno. You will NOT have any safer And outstanding smooth power from a tuner than what Bill can provide. There are quite a few very good programmers out there, and most of them learned the trade from Bill......he earned my business with his knowledge, expertise and hard work.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I love my PHP tuning. I've got the Minotaur package, and with the base tunes, it really woke the truck up.
In addition to this, I really have to attest to Bill and Corey's customer service.
because of the package I got, i got the software, blank chip and burner. well, TS performance (the maker of the chip) sent an unformatted chip. Bill and corey went to bat for me and got TS to send me a replacement in two days.
Great people, great tunes, great service. Also, they have forums for their products as well. www.forums.phptune.com (although the site doesn't seem to want to work right now... :shrug:)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hey sc,

The forum seems to be working just fine. It's hosted off-site, so every once in awhile, the forum/website is down for a bit when they update, etc.

(Thanks for the post, too!)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Could also be my internet. it likes to fail :mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
you will love Power hungreys chip. I have purchased a number of them for customer trucks that i work on. I have never had one complain, they all say the increased power and economy is great. Actually have a order in with them now.Bill and corey are the best to deal with!!! Actually took one of my trucks to him the other day to get some stuff tuned up.:evil:evil:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Speaking of which...
I'm working on a pair of 20+ mpg tanks... even with the occasional mash of the pedal.

·
Crusty old Bastich
387 Posts
you will love Power hungreys chip. I have purchased a number of them for customer trucks that i work on. I have never had one complain, they all say the increased power and economy is great. Actually have a order in with them now.Bill and corey are the best to deal with!!! Actually took one of my trucks to him the other day to get some stuff tuned up.:evil:evil:
Was it your 6 liter? I spoke with Bill on Sat afternoon and he was working with a 6.0 as we spoke. Seemed really fired up about what had been accomplished....:evil

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was it your 6 liter? I spoke with Bill on Sat afternoon and he was working with a 6.0 as we spoke. Seemed really fired up about what had been accomplished....:evil
I dont know if it was mine,but yes mine is a 6 uh oh liter,and i did go down to his place saturday and let him play doctor on it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
A+++. My truck has never sounded and ran smoother than it has with Bill's tuning. I also have the Minotaur software to burn my own. I'm still running the tunes that Bill provided and love them. I think I should have just gotten a chip LOL, but I like having the ability if I want to later on to be able to burn for injectors.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.