Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Have my 97 waiting for PIS 175/80 injectors that are in transit right now... :) Upon taking out my injectors I noticed the UVC e-harness plug that goes into each injector is missing the little brown o-rings. Was wondering if I can just use a normal o-ring or if I should track down the stockers? I think IH used to sell a variety of o-rings individually, but my local dealer without a part number.... I usually leave with smoke coming out my ears as the young guys's mom's aren't there to hold hands.....while they try to look in parts books...

Last thing, left bank has the cheesy plastic tabs that hold above plugs in and of course one tab is broken on one of the plugs.....grrrr. Other bank has the steel bale plugs. Anywhere I might get some of those plugs? I'll have to rummage in the shop as I think I have used spares somewhere...... But I don't think all four. Thinking I should be able to unclip the wiring out of the plug and snap in new(er) bale plug... Anyone done this?

jrc

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you need the rubber seal that goes around the injector plug, I believe it's a Delphi Metri-Pack 150 2 wire male cavity. I don't know if they are available seperately. You can buy the Metri-Pack 150 cavity fairly cheaply and rob the seal from it.

Google "Metri-Pack 150" to find the place of choice to buy from.

It's a 50-50 chance of getting the metal locking tab. The injector connector is the same as the IPR plug. I haven't looked into the plugs that much. I don't know if they are "pull to seat" or "push to seat"

Oh BTW: got the truck running and you are going to like the 175/80s :evil I can break the tires loose on command. :evil

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you need the rubber seal that goes around the injector plug, I believe it's a Delphi Metri-Pack 150 2 wire male cavity. I don't know if they are available seperately. You can buy the Metri-Pack 150 cavity fairly cheaply and rob the seal from it.

Google "Metri-Pack 150" to find the place of choice to buy from.

It's a 50-50 chance of getting the metal locking tab. The injector connector is the same as the IPR plug. I haven't looked into the plugs that much. I don't know if they are "pull to seat" or "push to seat"

Oh BTW: got the truck running and you are going to like the 175/80s :evil I can break the tires loose on command. :evil

Billy T.
[email protected]
Thanks Billy,

I looked through Tom's info in the library under "plugs" thread, all 152 pages.... Thanks BTW Tom.. That is a wickedly good reference.... But alas I didn't see/or missed it on the scroll through. I guess I could always order up some IPR pig tails and wire them as well as use the seal too. I might see if I can get an o-ring to work as a seal just for fun...
Thanks for the info on the Metri pack 150s that looks like a reasonable option too.

Awesome to hear the new jectors and engine is running strong Billy.... Veddy cool, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little excited to get those, T500 and new tunes in....

Thanks again

jrc

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm right behind you jcart!!!! Lol. I got some pis 175/80 coming this week too. Got a little bit of work ahead of me still. Doing a compleat new engine and e4od to zf5 speed conversion all the same time. Lol. I got parts everywhere in the shop right now.
Just noticed. Your in the loops! I'm just down on the coast in Langley. Small world.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm right behind you jcart!!!! Lol. I got some pis 175/80 coming this week too. Got a little bit of work ahead of me still. Doing a compleat new engine and e4od to zf5 speed conversion all the same time. Lol. I got parts everywhere in the shop right now.
Just noticed. Your in the loops! I'm just down on the coast in Langley. Small world.
Right on swaan I actually bought my White / Silver sig truck out of Langley this last fall only 55,000 kms, garage stored never winter driven.... heh heh. 97 sig truck came from PoCo and has been an awesome truck, I did the E4 to ZF a couple years ago and I really like it for that truck.

Cool to see more BC guys on here too.... looking forward to seeing your full rebuild!

jrc

·
Registered
273 Posts
Right on. That's a sweet find low km truck for sure. You just don't see many nice obs trucks anymore. Not a week goes by and some guy wants too buy mine. Lol.
Yup will post pics later. Looking forward to a fresh engine and good riddance to the that pos e4od. I'll be rowing gears and passing queers in no time:ford:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The older style UVCH's that had the plastic lock tabs used the seals. The newer style UVCH's that had the bail wire clips do not use the seals. I tried using the seals from the older style on the newer style and they did not seem to work well (kept the connectors from fully seating). Just my experience. Cheers!

·
Registered
618 Posts
The older style UVCH's that had the plastic lock tabs used the seals. The newer style UVCH's that had the bail wire clips do not use the seals. I tried using the seals from the older style on the newer style and they did not seem to work well (kept the connectors from fully seating). Just my experience. Cheers!
X2. The newer OBS UVCH's won't accept the rubber seals. I tried as well. You either get the metal tab holder with no seal, or the plastic one with a seal.

Or, you put in new SD ones and forget the hassle. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
X2. The newer OBS UVCH's won't accept the rubber seals. I tried as well. You either get the metal tab holder with no seal, or the plastic one with a seal.

Or, you put in new SD ones and forget the hassle. :D
That's what I did!!!! Sd harness has bigger glow plug wires and pins. :D
Looks a little cleaner too with only the one plug.
Just saying.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
That's what I did!!!! Sd harness has bigger glow plug wires and pins. :D
Looks a little cleaner too with only the one plug.
Just saying.
Does the harness that plugs in the front reach the center of the valve cover?

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I was messin with the old style UVC clip trying to undo from the VCG of course being old and brittle.... Snap crackle pop! So will looking to use the bail kind on that side. Good to know the bail kind doesn't use the little seals.

Not sure if it will reach Billy (I'll check when next under there). So guessing the SD VCG plug in the middle of the gasket?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on. That's a sweet find low km truck for sure. You just don't see many nice obs trucks anymore. Not a week goes by and some guy wants too buy mine. Lol.
Yup will post pics later. Looking forward to a fresh engine and good riddance to the that pos e4od. I'll be rowing gears and passing queers in no time:ford:
Very uncommon around Kamloops to see OBS CCSB or SCSB in 4by4. Anyone can buy a new one and throw dough at it..... Takes true love.....and commitment from the wife, to keep these old units on the road....hahaaaa

So did you swap out to SD engine harness or wire to single UVC plug from OBS gear?

jrc

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very uncommon around Kamloops to see OBS CCSB or SCSB in 4by4. Anyone can buy a new one and throw dough at it..... Takes true love.....and commitment from the wife, to keep these old units on the road....hahaaaa

So did you swap out to SD engine harness or wire to single UVC plug from OBS gear?

jrc
This is true jcart!! I tell you what, I get way more looks and thumbs up from people drivin the obs then my new super duty. Lol!!

What I did was just get new sd valve cover harnesses and gaskets. New sd pigtails also. Everything from riffraff was perty reasonable. Then just wired the pigtails to the obs engine harness. The pigtail is long enough to reach the plug closest to front of engine While I had the engine harness on the bench I cleaned it up by getting rid of everything going to the fuel bowl as I'm running e-fuel and got rid of the ebpv wiring also. Looks way cleaner. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::redspotdance:

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
When you make up the pigtail connections, either solder or crimp, put a little hot glue gun cement on the connections and insulation. Use shrink tubing and when the tube shrinks down the hot glue gun cement will make a moisture proof seal. Put on enough so when shrunk down, a little cement oozes out. The excess cement can be rubbed off while warm.

This works for waterproof trailer wiring also.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When you make up the pigtail connections, either solder or crimp, put a little hot glue gun cement on the connections and insulation. Use shrink tubing and when the tube shrinks down the hot glue gun cement will make a moisture proof seal. Put on enough so when shrunk down, a little cement oozes out. The excess cement can be rubbed off while warm.

This works for waterproof trailer wiring also.
You do know they make double wall shrink tubing that has the glue in it already right ?:poke:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Tom and Swaan, so for the normal shrink tube I'll be given the glue gun a whirl we have a battery operated one in our house somewhere.... And when I'm out guess I'll pester Lordco boys for double wall. AND I do have to re-wire my little utility trailer..... Beautiful.... Thanks for suggestions.

Swaan where RifRaff (sp?) significantly different in price for the single plug UVC harness then local? Got looking in the parts "nest" in my shop and found a set of SD VC gaskets that I forgot I had... Hahaa. I really only need to replace one (OBS UVC) harness for 5 & 7 so thinking at this point I'll just do that, mind you I've not checked the dealerships here (Ford or IH) and kinda bracing.... For the violation....and no kiss pricing. Last time I was there I limped out holding my posterior.... Quoted over $450 for an IPR, (Joey sent me one with my T500, think it was under $200.00). I'm sorry to say I did buy (from ford) an ICP for $250, which I've not used. Purator says I should have something from PIS delivered today! So kind of excited.... Giddy squeals and hand clapping all round.....

Thanx

jrc

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Dave!! Thanks for the glue gun suggestions re-read it after and realized it was YOU and not Tom S my apology to both of you....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks Tom and Swaan, so for the normal shrink tube I'll be given the glue gun a whirl we have a battery operated one in our house somewhere.... And when I'm out guess I'll pester Lordco boys for double wall. AND I do have to re-wire my little utility trailer..... Beautiful.... Thanks for suggestions.

Swaan where RifRaff (sp?) significantly different in price for the single plug UVC harness then local? Got looking in the parts "nest" in my shop and found a set of SD VC gaskets that I forgot I had... Hahaa. I really only need to replace one (OBS UVC) harness for 5 & 7 so thinking at this point I'll just do that, mind you I've not checked the dealerships here (Ford or IH) and kinda bracing.... For the violation....and no kiss pricing. Last time I was there I limped out holding my posterior.... Quoted over $450 for an IPR, (Joey sent me one with my T500, think it was under $200.00). I'm sorry to say I did buy (from ford) an ICP for $250, which I've not used. Purator says I should have something from PIS delivered today! So kind of excited.... Giddy squeals and hand clapping all round.....

Thanx

jrc
J cart. Don't remember exactly price on the harness but I do remember thinking it was perty reasonable. I was buying a bunch of stuff so got it all same time.
And don't get me started on the ford dealerships. I refuse to buy anything from those retards if I have too. I was just at our local dealership here in town. Was quoted $145 for a ipr pig tail. Absolutely crazy. It's like they just pick a price out of a hat or something. My fedex tracking # says I should be getting my pis injectors Friday.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No worries swaan, Hahahahaaa... went to the IH guys today took in the part number (on my phone from here) as the boys are challenged (sometimes) and saves a bunch o' time at the bench waiting... so the OBS UVC harness for just one (two jectors) $75.00 I said I've give em a call.... prices are listed on RiffRaff's site and would be significantly less if you order a bunch of stuff to off set shipping, putting together a list now...

Never even called Ford here.... it's like the guys look up in the air.... umm ya... thats well with a discount..... mmm a bijjjillion... limps out holding BOTH hands over bum...

Looked at my tracking number this morning and Purolator claims due to bad weather on the East Coast it'll be Feb 5.... muffled sqeeeeelzzz sniff sniff... hand wringing...

Thanks for the RiffRaff suggestion, man they have a nice site with lots o good stuff there!

jrc

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh maaaaaaan!!! No injectors yet, that sux. Lol
I just checked the fed ex site and I'm still good to go for Friday. Fingers crossed.
Yup riffraff is good to deal with. Good prices and fast shipping too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts