Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm seriously contemplating going down the rabbit hole of owning my first Diesel. I've always loved the look of the 250's and my budget puts me on the 03-07 range.

I've begun the process of educating myself and trying to digest all of the great info on this forum and a couple others. A lot to think about.....

Anyway, just thought I'd officially pop in and say hi

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in your shoes about 9mo ago, read my introduction post(New 6.0 in Indiana) to get an idea of what you might be in for. Be sure to have some loot for upgrades/fixes as soon as you bring it home. Theyre great trucks, powerful and reliable, once their demons are put to rest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welp...I pulled the trigger and picked up an 05 F250 Lariat.

Overall the truck is in great shape. The paint is swirl city, but the body is straight as an arrow and there isn't a speck of rust anywhere.

Engine runs great and has already had the EGR deleted and ARP head studs done.

I don't have huge plans in mind, but I do have a few things I want to do.

First up is replacing the mirrors. As the pictures show, the previous owner busted them up in a car wash. My new mirrors should be here Wednesday and I took the opportunity to upgrade to the 08+ style mirrors which will look way better.

After that I've got a few goodies for the inside

That mess of stuff came out of a combination of my GTO and some stuff I had installed in my previous truck that I sold to my dad. Wiring harness and dash kit for the head unit will be here tomorrow, so that'll get put in pretty quick. After that I'll be tackling some sound deadening. Not pictured is a second amp and a 12" Imagine Dynamics sub. I plan on making an amp rack behind the back seats and then pulling out the weak sauce factory center console and replacing it with a custom build that will house the sub, a secure gun storage compartment, and a screen for the Torque monitoring app.

Of course the paint is going to get some tender loving and a coating.

Can't wait to dig in. I'll update this thread with pics and progress as I go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts