Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I got some rims and tires put them on, noticed some rubbing so I took that bar that goes under the bumper from hanger to hanger off. Drove it and at about 40mph damn near rolled the thing from some death wobble. Does that thing stabilize the hangers or is it something else???? Kinda pissed, I really want to drive it to TS......

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't think that bar does anything for support of the spring hangers. Sounds to me like you have another issue and not the "crash bar". I have seen a few others that have taken it off with no problems. I myself have left mine on because the bumper I have does not show the bar to bad. I would look into the track bar mounting and your bushings may be bad if you didn't use a new extended track bar. Just check all the steering and trac bar pieces and one of them is probably bad or loose. Thats usually the cause for death wobble.

·
(520)465-7971
921 Posts
On a stock size hanger its not much more than a reinforcing bar. I would check to make sure that all of your other hanger bolts were tight and nothing was broken. If you have lift shackles, then this bar helps to tie everything together and prevent the hangers from leveraging on the frame and twisting it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
13,217 Posts
Wifes has been gone for years on her Ex...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Its a crash bar, designed to keep your truck from going up and over a smaller vehicle.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,398 Posts
On a stock size hanger its not much more than a reinforcing bar. I would check to make sure that all of your other hanger bolts were tight and nothing was broken. If you have lift shackles, then this bar helps to tie everything together and prevent the hangers from leveraging on the frame and twisting it.
How is that? Im pretty sure you have to take the crash bar off for lift shackles/hangers...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
13,217 Posts
It's called a blocker beam, and is supposed to help Excursions from running up and over smaller vehicles that have been rear ended. Instead of smashing the Prius in from the top, crush it from the back. Either way, it's a win.
Its on all superdutys from 2001 on... not just the Ex...

·
Big black excursion
9 Posts
It's called a blocker beam, and is supposed to help Excursions from running up and over smaller vehicles that have been rear ended. Instead of smashing the Prius in from the top, crush it from the back. Either way, it's a win.
oh come on i know just about everyone on this forum would love to total one of those gas sipping weener mobiles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.