Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody offered me 20,000 for it the other day idk if thats a fair price or not so what do yall think its worth? Its got a fresh motor and trans and all things posted in signature and then some the front seats are in some distress but i plan on fixin that before i get rid of it anyway its always bothered me im interested in gettin a duramax doh:

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I would say sell it! But thats a bad decision about the jumbo tampax. I would buy a cummins over a isuzu anyday. Why a dirtymax?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im ford guy through and through dont get me wrong. Ive had a cr cummins and it just fell apart on me and ive just never had a duramax or a chevy at all for that matter so i kinda just wanna try it out if nothing else. if it falls apart on me ill find a blown up 6.0 and drop a cummins in it if i have to :evil

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
im ford guy through and through dont get me wrong. Ive had a cr cummins and it just fell apart on me and ive just never had a duramax or a chevy at all for that matter so i kinda just wanna try it out if nothing else. if it falls apart on me ill find a blown up 6.0 and drop a cummins in it if i have to :evil
id just go this route anyway:poke:

·
Registered
551 Posts
man 20k for your truck seems like a great deal for you!! I would sell it and go fummins!!

·
Poor Farmer
332 Posts
I said the same thing. Traded my mega cab for a 07 duramax, worst mistake I ever made. Truck about made me go broke. Ended up selling it for my 09 6.4 I have now and I couldnt be happier.

The cummins is a awesome motor, and the ford is a great all around truck. If you have the resources I would do the cummins swap.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys really all think that the duramax is that bad of an idea?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
whithout question bad mistake, if it was me id do a truck like yours with a 12v/5speed swap or a BTS4r100 and a 12v.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im probably just ganna keep my truck then I dont need any more problems ill just keep buildin this one ive got alot into it and think i can make it alot better and with a brand new motor hopefully it should last a good long while :ford:

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
good decision, id hate to see a ford guy trapped in a chevy body lol, as far as the cummins goes im not suprised it blew up, my uncle melted a piston in his 06', #5 piston looked like a melted ball of aluminum and he bought it new and it never had a chip on it, drug trailers the whole 30k it made it and melted down and left him on the side of the road

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats almsot exactly the same as what mine did but it was #6 I bout it strictly as a tow pig and it seemed everytime id go to use it somethin else would break and need fixed no doubt i can be hard on equipment but the way this thing kept breaking was just pitiful

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
they all have there downfalls i guess, the newer dodges melt there pistons out, the newer fords blow there gaskets and coolers and the newer chevys go into limp mode a lot and o through trannys. my 2 favorite motors are the 7.3 and the 12v. both workhorses and both last. i happen to love the 99 to 2003 ford bodys and soon as i find a good one i like im gonna get it and do the whole 12v 5 speed out of my current truck into it. cant wait! the 7.3 i had was cool and all but it was expensive to mod and drank the gas down quick. if i was a true ford man(wich im not) i would prolly just have to pay for the 7.3 with crower rods and the good stuff like that, luckly for me i dont care what i am drivin as long as it looks good, comfortible and will hold the power i want to make.

for 20k i would have to sell your truck and build somthin way better.

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
you brand loyal people are all idiots..... LOL

There all junk, pick your poison. There is nothing wrong with a Chevy or a Duramax. There is nothing wrong with a Dodge or a Cummins---although the tables have turned for a 6.7L cummins as it cost far more money to make one go fast than a Chevy or Ford now days......

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you brand loyal people are all idiots..... LOL

There all junk, pick your poison. There is nothing wrong with a Chevy or a Duramax. There is nothing wrong with a Dodge or a Cummins---although the tables have turned for a 6.7L cummins as it cost far more money to make one go fast than a Chevy or Ford now days......
brand loyal ppl are idiots huh, so what exactly are you? :poke: i found somthin i like and i stick with it, and as for being an idiot i don't see what ur sayin, idk if i just have good luck with these motors or what but to date ive never taken my pickup to the shop to have any work done besides a service every now n then cuz im to busy to get to it

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
There all junk, pick your poison.
:whs: I've been telling people that for years.

If someone offered me 20k for a 99 I'd have the title in hand & be signing it over without much second thought.

·
Poor Farmer
332 Posts
Im not brand loyal by any means. I've owned it all, and dodge trucks are great for work trucks and ford trucks are comfortable and you can work the hell out of them. The chevy I owned was a piece to begin with. Horrible frontend, I didnt like the tranny and the rear axle is junk. I know alot of people that own chevys and love them but the one I had just made my decision to not own another one.

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
brand loyal ppl are idiots huh, so what exactly are you? :poke: i found somthin i like and i stick with it, and as for being an idiot i don't see what ur sayin, idk if i just have good luck with these motors or what but to date ive never taken my pickup to the shop to have any work done besides a service every now n then cuz im to busy to get to it
IDK.....take a look at my signature I guess???

Never said anything was bad about a 7.3L

Who ever offered $20K was probably smoking dope. Even if they were and had $20K in cash then I would have let them sign a legal bill of sale and moved on in life! Hence the CASH because there is not a single bank in this country that would loan 20k on a 11yr old truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts