Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing an overhaul on a 7140, and noticed that the engine wiring harness has seen better days. Went to Case to inquire about a new engine harness....just for the engine. The parts guy nearly fell out of his chair before he told me the price....$1500. I told the guy I didn't need it after all to which he replied, "Yep."

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
It's not just the engine harness anymore.
There was a change that made the front harness and engine harness into one piece. The old engine harness (92018C1) and the old front harness (92032C2) now sub up to the new one piece harness (1983257C1), so if either has to be replaced, you replace both.

Better get a few cats to keep the mice away!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its still a wiring harness. I was thinking today that I could make wiring harnesses in my spare time sell them on the internet.

·
Registered
495 Posts
We had a harness burn up last year on our New Holland 8560. It's one harness for the whole tractor. Cost 5000 for just the harness. We had the engine harness on our 8970 burn this spring (due to a birds nest on top of the muffler) but I still haven't seen the bill for that.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Its still a wiring harness. I was thinking today that I could make wiring harnesses in my spare time sell them on the internet.
I've made a few harnesses myself, and it's not as easy as it seems. Especially to make it look right. Then you have the cost of the connectors, and most of them ain't cheap. The ones that are cheap aren't water resistant and are prone to problems from vibrations.

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
I'm also currently overhauling a 7140 ( 90 model), 1200 for a new seat assembly,dont remember how much it cost for a new exhaust manifold but it wasn't cheap. nowadays the dealership doesn't just rob you, they bend you over the counter and have their way with you too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its not the dealership that bends you over, they don't make the parts, or set the prices. Its the manufacturer thats setting the prices for them. The dealership can't sell the parts for cost or they wouldn't be able to keep the doors open for you to buy parts. Sorry for the rant, I work at a H-D dealership and hear the same thing all the time. Have a great day

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went back to the stealership today. There is a heavy washer that is used to adjust the clearance of the hood on the 7140 (actually four of them in the front where the hood is hinged). Keep in mind this is a washer....a metric extra thick washer...approximately 7/16 ID....$18. For a washer.

Also had to buy a 42" rim for the 7140. Price at Case...$1100. Price at tire shop...$640. When I bought the rim from the guy at the tire shop, he asked me if I had priced the one at case. I told him it was $1100 at case and he nearly hit the floor. Then he proceeded to tell me that he gets his rims from the exact same manufacturer that case does...Titan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts