Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6.4 Rookie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to pull a few leafs out of the front of the 6in sky jacker lift on the '94 CC LB, and bought a 2in block to replace the 4in. Now the truck is all over the road. I am aware that some of the 6in comes with a trac bar drop bracket, but dont the 6 and 4in lifts have different drop lengths? How do I know what a stock length trac bar bracket measures to tell what size one I need? I'm assuming this could be the culprit for the bad road characteristics? Any thoughts? Then truck now sits at 2in lower than the 6in front and rear. So I consider it a 4in lift.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Caster plays a big part in tracking. Also, did you play with your steering linkage at all?

·
ate lug
172 Posts
I went from 6" Skyjackers to stock w/ 3" RSK and reused my tracbar drop bracket w/ no ill effects. i did have to adjust my draglink to re-center the steering wheel though.
Are you sure your caster didnt change when you pulled those leafs out? Incorrect caster, or excessive toe-out (tierod) will cause vehicles to wander all over the road.

·
Registered
737 Posts
make ur track bar the same angle as ur drag link

·
6.4 Rookie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys this week has been a mess I am going to tear into it this weekend to see if I cant fix these issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts