Discussion Starter #1
well guys we have our own section:ford:

wheres the line between norcal and socal:poke:

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
well guys we have our own section:ford:

wheres the line between norcal and socal:poke:
In all seriousness, it's usually south of my location.

I live on the Central Coast, the Monterey Bay area. And while we're not in the NorCal geographic region, we're 35 minutes away from the South Bay and right at three hours away to the southern end of the greater Sac area.

SoCal is a good 6 hours away from us.

Stewart

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey now Chico is definitely norcal.

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
I think bakersfield is usually counted as the border between NorCal and SoCal

·
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
367 Posts
Are you SERIOUS!

Damn Californians are definitely confused with there geography.
Because you're thinking in strict terms, looking at the map. NorCal and SoCal are not separated and delineated in geographic terms. A lot of it is based on the way of life and the slight difference in views and culture everyone else has outside of the SoCal metropolitan area.

Like rancherstroker6 stated, if you could draw a line just north of Bakes and call everything south of that point South California, and everything north of that point North California, making two states, I don't think you would get much argument from any of the close-by city's, wishing they were instead included with the other side, or wanting to be identified with the other side, with the exception of maybe Visalia.

Sacramento Hate to break it to you is central Cali.
NEGATIVE Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I know looking at a map makes it appear that way, but thinking in generally accepted terms (by us Californians), given terms (by the press and media), forum terms (all the vehicle enthusiast boards with regional area's), or just a "common knowledge understanding" by the general population in those area's, etc, Sac is DEFINITELY NorCal, and so is the San Fran bay area.

The central valley is considered central California. Modesto, Merced, Turlock, Visalia etc.

Take for example BALA, Bay Area Lightning Association over at NLOC.com. BALA members consider themselves as classified as being in NorCal, and the "Bay Area" part refers to the San Francisco bay area.

Stewart

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bay area should not be norcal, but the central valley has the similar culture and views as norcal.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you SERIOUS!

Damn Californians are definitely confused with there geography.I would consider chico Norcal.Sacramento Hate to break it to you is central Cali.
i think youre one thats a bit confused. being there isnt a cencal group, i think you would have to agree sacramento is norcal.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts