Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fat Kids Rule!
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after a really lazy winter I started working out this week
So far been walking 2 miles per day about 40 mins a clip and 5 mins of sprint/jogs after the 2 miles.
I also want to add muscle tone
I got some Resistance bands what can I do with them? How many sets? ETC I know i can do curls and lats with them but what else?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
You can kinda do squats with them too, depending on the length. Just stand on it with each end of the band in each hand. If you have a heavy dresser with legs you can loop it around and do trunk twists(don't know if thats the proper term). I'm sure there are others, but thats just off my head. You could probably google resistance band training and come up with tons more.

·
Peon
727 Posts
Honestly I'd skip the rubberbands and go with SOME KETTLEBELLS. You don't have to start with a heavy 'bell at first but it's pretty breathtaking how quickly working out with them will absolutely flog you. I've only been using kettlebells on/off for ~1 months and already I can see my top set of abs coming back (had a 6-pack for about 12 seconds in the summer of '97) so seeing results is a great motivator to keep doing the full range-of-motion/multiple-joint RKC exercises. If you don't order any weights from that site (the DVD's are quite useful), take a look around to see if you have a Play It Again Sports store around you--a kettlebell is dirt-simple and being that it's just one piece of iron, it won't matter a bit if you're the 1st or 75th owner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts