Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I did I couldnt wait any longer so i bought a 2010 CCSB 6.4 Brand new!! I kept Da Juice(6.0l) was gonna trade it but then decided NA. Im gonna get Erics tunes for it...My question is will my x3 load tunes on a 6.4l? And Will i be ok with just a dpf delete and stock exhaust Or should i ditch it all and go 5" with a new DP? I will have my old nitrous kit on it to try and keep it cool :evil And with the 300 hp tunes will i need the aftermarket wastegate or can i get away with ut it In case there is any warranty stuff right away? My dads buddy owns the dealer so its not a huge deal they are pretty cool!!Key word pretty LOL

Let me know what u guys think?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will get some pics its just too damn dark sorry!! So what do u guys think Erics tunes or spartan? and wat do u guys think of the spartin pack wit the intake and all the goodies for like 2000?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
you will have to get a new tuner, they cant be converted. The SF3OR is the one you need and its the same price as the SCT Livewire. As for exhuast a DPF/DOC delete pipe is what I would do if it were mine. And I like the Spartans, just had a lot of good luck out of them so far, cant say the same for the past SCT's on 6.4

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
you will have to get a new tuner, they cant be converted. The SF3OR is the one you need and its the same price as the SCT Livewire. As for exhuast a DPF/DOC delete pipe is what I would do if it were mine. And I like the Spartans, just had a lot of good luck out of them so far, cant say the same for the past SCT's on 6.4
Agreed, 100%.

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
Seen your screen name... nice!!!:ford:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot guys And tanks dustin we will have some fun tis year...Im gonna keep my truck stock heght. To see wat she can doo at the track hot tuned and a little spray.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Thanks alot guys And tanks dustin we will have some fun tis year...Im gonna keep my truck stock heght. To see wat she can doo at the track hot tuned and a little spray.
Cab is off of mine right now, i would suggest a wastegate right off the bat, and maybe headstuds, but you can do that down the road.

Im putting mine back down to stock height too i think....

After running both tuners you cant go wrong with Eric or spartan, eric is my favorite right now, but either way you wont be dissapointed.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya man awesome i seen your cab was off that will be sick!! How hard is the wastegate? And were is the best place to buy one? i have a precision wastegate on my nova just like the ones some of you guys are running.. How long do they last hot tuned with stock bolts i mean of corse no one really knows but ya know what i mean.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Ya man awesome i seen your cab was off that will be sick!! How hard is the wastegate? And were is the best place to buy one? i have a precision wastegate on my nova just like the ones some of you guys are running.. How long do they last hot tuned with stock bolts i mean of corse no one really knows but ya know what i mean.
Elite has a kit and Dirty Diesel Customs has a kit.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
Right now the best tuning out for the 6.4 is Erics tunes, if the sf3 and lw are the same price do a livewire that way you can atleast see your egts and what ever else you choose to monitor. Or step up to the tsx with Erics tunes. I'd also do a complete exhaust, the delete pipes can run over 300.00 and I know where you can get a 5" exhaust with 4 " down pipe for about 450.00. It dosnt have a tip but you can get any tip you want later.

But thats just my 2 cents.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I would just run elites wastegate, simplest to install ect. The Full egr delete is where it gets hard, but i would just do the wastegate cab on, then when you decide to pull the cab do the full egr delete then, even with the cab off its kinda a pain in the arse. Its hard to say on the stock bolts, if you run nitrous your going to be asking alot of the bolts, if you stay fuel only they may last quite awhile, the wastegate will help esp if you really wanna stay with nitrous.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the cat back 4" duals on(sounds the same)this week ill get a dpf/cat delet then buy a dp later..Dustin i dont think i will spray it untill i get studs i have my old nitrous kit for sell off the 6.0 to buy some goodies for the 6.4. Once i stud it i will try for two stages of go go I have my old torque shift from the 6.0 im gonna send it off and have it built for when the 6.4 tranns goes.I guess i will get elites wastegate.I just dont know what to do spartan or Eric for tunes WTF lol Is all i know is Dustins truck hauled ace with the spartan and 37" tall meatsand eally hauled ace for how high we are 5500 freakin feet here in Wyoming and add a lil spray to it like you did and man that truck was impressive hell man your truck is one of the reason I freaking got one I was just in aww that day.Plus I had aready made two passes on the bottle you used and u had a smallish jet I didnt even have any jets bigger then 80 that day im not sure what ones u were using I just remeber u played around a little with what little we had in are glove boxes LMAO

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heres a pic of the beast i want to get some wheels soon and 35s

Attachments

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
Keep in mind a lifted 6.4 on 37's with nothing but erics tune and a delete pipe (no intake and stock exhaust) did a 12.76 in the 1/4 thats faster than any spartan tuned truck with and equal set up that I have seen. If thats what your after is speed, though you cant go wrong with either one but I just hear of less issues and quirks with erics tunes. In the end there both very good products I just think erics stuff imo is a little better.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Couldn't have picked a better color. LOL. Nice man. Real nice.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man. Hows the 90 hours a week going freaking workaholic lol j/k man.I always liked our colors LOL

And ya I have always like eric and have had good luck with his tunes!!

thanks for all the info!!

I wonder how hard erics tunes are on the stock head bolts its hit or miss im sure like the 6.0 but hell I had 200lbs of nitrous and hot tunes before I studded te 6.0 but i was one of the lucky ones

and i wonder if they were at sea level on that 12.7 pass because u will lose damn near a second coming up high with us boys!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts