Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I droped the truck off yesterday for the tea kettle whistle I have heard for the past year. Also drinks a gallon a month of antifreeze. The dealer says is it tuned I say no. This morning they call and say is it or has it ever been tuned, Again I say no. They say well it needs new headgaskets and I when we pull the heads we can see if you are telling the truth. I have been running stock for 5k. Hope this goes well

·
Plays with Motors
611 Posts
They're feeding you a line of BS - there's no way to tell if there's been a tune just by pulling the heads - all that water consumption has destroyed any circumstantial evidence like excess carbon, which could be any number of issues other than a tune. If they cannot find evidence of a tune in the PCM, they are not going to find it.

Just don't tell them you post on here....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gene. Thats what I am afraid of. I have been searcing posts all day and I have yet to see a innovative tuned sct cause the 5 star pattern. Innovative themselves says that there tunes will not do it. I have been running stock for 5k hoping it would cover up any and all of the tell tales. I just do not know what say if I get the phone call saying we cant warranty it..

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're feeding you a line of BS - there's no way to tell if there's been a tune just by pulling the heads - all that water consumption has destroyed any circumstantial evidence like excess carbon, which could be any number of issues other than a tune. If they cannot find evidence of a tune in the PCM, they are not going to find it.

Just don't tell them you post on here....

I agree. I tool the psn.com and the comp d stickers off. All it has now is a aftermarket exhaust

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Should have sprayed some water through it. It'll clean everything off.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I tore Richards apart, and it had very little sign of a tuner......well other than the rod stuck throught the side of the block.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gene. Thats what I am afraid of. I have been searcing posts all day and I have yet to see a innovative tuned sct cause the 5 star pattern. Innovative themselves says that there tunes will not do it. I have been running stock for 5k hoping it would cover up any and all of the tell tales. I just do not know what say if I get the phone call saying we cant warranty it..
I just had heads off of mine and it had been tuned for 28k miles. Look at my pictures. There is NO START PATTERN. ALL BS! It's just a scare tactic. Many say it happens and not 1 person has a picture of it. All of us that don't have it took pictures. HMMMMM!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I have seen it on several motors. Its not BS, but it usually happens with an Edge/predator/module that uses too much timing. Its definitely something real.

·
Slacker
537 Posts
I have seen it on several motors. Its not BS, but it usually happens with an Edge/predator/module that uses too much timing. Its definitely something real.
It is real and happens on stock timing as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it's not BS, I would love to see pics. I know for a fact that mine did not produce a STAR pattern in 28k miles. I took pictures because I knew about the hipe.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Uhhhhhh...look up one post. :hehe:

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would bet EDGE... Or Bully Puppy...

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Wow! Does it say what he was running??
I just did a quick scan of the article and I don't see where it says. If your curious though you could probably call Lauren at Diesel Tech. They did the head stud install in the article and maybe he would be willing to tell you if he remembers.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Those look like old Diablo Predator marks there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now that we've seen pics. It definitely proves not all Tuners do this.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts