Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Well............ #4 is dead....

10K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  Snowaholic 
#1 ·
Just got the call (or I called...:lame:) #4 is dead, just moves the comp gauge... #2 was at 350-370ish... So, now I need to call the father in law... CRAP!!! I did not need this...:lame:

#3 ·
What do ya'll think? Drive it home from The Dalles Or to Bend? About 170-180 miles... I guess it cant get that much worse, might even free the rings up??? LOL

#6 ·
Talked to Tadd, he said to run the injector plugged in, at 150-200rpms there is little compression but at 2000... It will burn ok... I'll drive it home then let Bennet work on it I think, I just dont have the time... Frickin sucks...:confused:

#9 ·
Joe, why are you letting Bennet from P.A. do the work? Isn't he a dodge guy now or did his business partner just switch? I don't know Bennet personally, but hear he's a good guy. But his business partner over here is shady! He blew up a customer's brand new rear end moving the truck to and from his shop when the customers only wanted an oil change. The shop that built the rear end said the damage to the gears could only be caused by the tires catching traction while the wheels were spinning. Partner still denies doing damage. Anyway...if I hadn't returned my engine stand I'd be more than willing to help you rebuild your engine instead of spending all that time on labor, but I'm sure you probably need your truck back asap and I don't have that kind of time to devote to an engine build 24/7. But I wouldn't charge ya...i'm sure knowing that I fathered your children was enough for you. lol :D Hope everything works out for you Joe.

#71 ·
Joe, why are you letting Bennet from P.A. do the work? Isn't he a dodge guy now or did his business partner just switch? I don't know Bennet personally, but hear he's a good guy. But his business partner over here is shady!
Nope Joe is OK. Bennett moved his shop and owns it completely now. He now works on them all, and I see more PSD's in his shop than anything else in the last year. Bennett stays pretty dang busy. They have done several PSD R & R's, yeah he still does CTD sure, he has done work on mine, and does very clean work. Frank is his main man there, and they will take care of Joe, well!!! :redspotdance:

#11 ·
Bennet from Bend, OR Danny... Differant guy I think...

On edit... Because I know him a bit... He is a CR guy but they work on strokes too... Who in this area would you suggest?

#34 ·
I know which Bennet. Bennet with Performance Authority. I've known about him before I ever found The Drama Stop.

#13 ·
That would be all good... But I am broke right now, so I have to ask the father in law for the money...GURRRRR....:confused:

#23 ·
#4 is...

#27 ·
so. what exactly went wrong??

-Chris

#29 ·
The answer to the million dollar question is........
My WAG is cracked piston. But we will have to wait for the answer a bit.

#31 ·
Hang in there Joe. Been there done that, got the T-Shirt..

It's worth it eventually, just getting there bites!

#35 ·
Well went my motor went, I was on my way to work. I had it towed home where it sat for 5 weeks. After 5 weeks it need to be at Garmon's so I could pull the motor. I said fack it, sprayed 1/4 can of ether in and drove it 15 miles with the pyro pegged,white smoking and skipping.

#36 ·
i drove my last one 5-6 miles w/o any headgaskets in 2 cyl and it ended up quitting because it blew all the oil out and there wasnt enough oil in the engine to fire the injectors lol. I had people giving me funny looks going down the hwy at 70mph with a huge cloud of coolant and oil following me:D.

#37 ·
LOL Thanks??? I think... I have to go about 170 miles to get it home... Talked to the Ford shop a few minutes ago... $1313 from them counting the 250 tow bill... Talk about getting raked over the coals...:gun:

But he is going to park it inside for the time being... said it runs but wants to blow the Dipstick out...OUCH...:lame:

#39 ·
Talking to David (Lott!!! Can you believe it...LOL) he thinks with the amount of blow by that there is a hole in the piston...

#40 ·
:nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: :nutswinger: ...............LOL. I love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.