Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
$750 a piece for a 20x12? That's a little steep did Cheyennes, Dakars, etc. used to be that much too?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I actually looked into ordering a set bit we called a guy that had looked at them at this years sema so and he said they were ugly as hell and once he gave us the price I told him if they keep there prices like they will go outta business again.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
I read they were back in the HD game
Las Vegas, Nevada- November 1, 2011

Today Weld Racing LLC introduced their forged aluminum truck wheels
they are ugly I hope they get some new styles for there sake

Weld never Went out of business they just stopped making truck rims when they changed hands and that was probably so they didn't have to honor the warranty of all those cracked rims

quote from the weld forum and the cracking rim issue was far more wide spread than the 8 lugs but they were the most common failure

I know this is not good, but since the initial company filed for bankruptcy and the fact that the equipment to produce all the truck wheels was sold or dismantled we cannot produce these wheels or be responsible for warranties on product this company did not produce.
some more pics of the rim on a truck Weld Racing Introduces New Truck Wheel Line at SEMA 2011 Weld Racing

The original company Weld Wheel Industries, built these wheels several years ago. They filed for bankruptcy in Aug. of 2008. We are a new company now only offering performance racing wheels. The truck wheels you are talking about are a 2 piece wheel. I remember there were a few problems with load rating issues on these wheels. Only in 8 lug applications and mostly on diesel trucks.
The best option for your truck would be a one pice forged wheel to handle the load rating better.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Zmann,
Do you know which particular models they were having trouble with?
Im in the market for some used Welds and would like to avoid them.
Thanks

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
There was a run of wheels called Stone Crusher and Mountain Crusher by Weld. These wheels were a two piece design made for trucks. Some wheel owners claimed a creaking noise and some claimed losing air. Since this wheel was a two piece design the two separate pieces were welded together.
From what I remember the true forged one piece wheels like the Cheyenne and Dominator and the EVO line were some of the better quality wheels Weld made.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
I was actually in Discount when a guy brought two in that were cracked
Discount finally ate the deal

the rest I heard or read about kinda sucks buying the best and having issues

1 - 11 of 11 Posts