Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 f350 dually 251k that just recently ( after checking code, never cleared them) developed a concern that with the throttle 1/4 depressed it acts as if it’s at wot and now making 30-35psi of boost. I mean this is cool and it hauls a$$ but this I know isn’t normal. Any ideas of what can cause this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P012F says you have a plugged oil cooler, but that isn't going to cause your described issue.

A stuck turbo might. So might a bad EBP sensor (or a clogged EBP sensor).
this truck was bulletproofed less than 20k miles ago so I find it hard to believe that it would be clogged so soon. Also this truck rolls a **** ton of coal for a stock non tuned 6.0 even with 30-35 psi of boost i should check the fule rate and icp pressure and see what they are, ive also noticed that the trans is slow to shift in to reverse.

·
"resident smarty pants"
5,507 Posts
LOL. That code is specifically for oil temp being too much higher than coolant temp. Unless you have an air cooled oil cooler from BPD, then it should be investigated ............

Many posts exist about trucks that were "bulletproofed" when part of the package included a sinister oil cooler that did not cool adequately out of the box!

Lots of people "bulletproof", and STILL have problems. The term "bulletproof" doesn't communicate much at all these days. It has no specific definition, and it does nothing to describe what components were used (although it should refer to parts from BPD). Then the OTHER variable (maybe the most important) is the actual quality of work.

My experience with the BPD air cooled oil coolers is that they tend to keep the oil as cool OR cooler, than the OEM cooler. Still - it would be good to know what the oil temperature is on a completely warmed up engine that is at least at highway speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. That code is specifically for oil temp being too much higher than coolant temp. Unless you have an air cooled oil cooler from BPD, then it should be investigated ............

Many posts exist about trucks that were "bulletproofed" when part of the package included a sinister oil cooler that did not cool adequately out of the box!

Lots of people "bulletproof", and STILL have problems. The term "bulletproof" doesn't communicate much at all these days. It has no specific definition, and it does nothing to describe what components were used (although it should refer to parts from BPD). Then the OTHER variable (maybe the most important) is the actual quality of work.

My experience with the BPD air cooled oil coolers is that they tend to keep the oil as cool OR cooler, than the OEM cooler. Still - it would be good to know what the oil temperature is on a completely warmed up engine that is at least at highway speeds.
Ok the bulletproof was done by the company bulletproof I think down in arizona, so I assume since they are a bigger company that it was done right. Do you happen to know how much of a difference there needs to be to thow a oil temp code? An oil cooler isn’t hard to do so it doesn’t worry me too much to do it just want to check temps before I do it

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Do not go above 25 psi boost, especially 30.

You probably have a turbo problem, stock tube is hard to get above 25 psi

·
"resident smarty pants"
5,507 Posts
Ok the bulletproof was done by the company bulletproof I think down in arizona, so I assume since they are a bigger company that it was done right. Do you happen to know how much of a difference there needs to be to thow a oil temp code? An oil cooler isn’t hard to do so it doesn’t worry me too much to do it just want to check temps before I do it
That's good news that BPD did the work! Not very many people that claimed to be "bulletproofed" actually had BPD do the work, let alone actually use their parts!

Did they install an "air cooled" oil cooler or relocate the "coolant cooled" oil cooler? They have several options for that.

As far as "what temperature difference throws the P012F code, it depends on multiple factors. That said, if you have a coolant cooled oil cooler, then you do NOT want to see the oil at a temperature greater than 15 degrees above the coolant temperature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's good news that BPD did the work! Not very many people that claimed to be "bulletproofed" actually had BPD do the work, let alone actually use their parts!

Did they install an "air cooled" oil cooler or relocate the "coolant cooled" oil cooler? They have several options for that.

As far as "what temperature difference throws the P012F code, it depends on multiple factors. That said, if you have a coolant cooled oil cooler, then you do NOT want to see the oil at a temperature greater than 15 degrees above the coolant temperature.
I don’t think they changed to the air cooled oil cooler but there is a coolant filter going to the oil cooler possibly to prevent oil going through the coolant system if a cooler failure occurs, I do know this engine has been neglected especially since when we got it had to replace the front cover gasket due to it rusting out, I’ll keep the 15 degree difference in mind

1 - 11 of 11 Posts