Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using my automatic head lights i go to turn my truck off and it wont turn off, so i shut the head lights off manually and the truck shuts off but the glow plug light will come on. Also my passenger air bag light randomally comes on and off, also when i was up north my 4x4 wouldnt work, so i replaced the gem module today thinking that was it, but it still does the same stuff!!! I did replace the head lamp switch about a year ago with one from lmc truck so i dont know if there is a short in it or?????

·
matt
911 Posts
woah! man sounds like a mess! there's a short for sure, time to get a meter and start checking electrical loops.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea where do u think would be a good place to start?

·
matt
911 Posts
Do you have a turbo timer or a remote start/ alarm?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. the only things i have put on the truck electrical wise is my fass, hid headlights when i did my 06 front end conversion, and guages, and like said above a new headlight switch like 1 year ago. This has all been on the truck for atleast 2 years if that matters or not.

·
matt
911 Posts
#### man idk what to tell you.......good luck?...... i just dont understand how the light switch keeps the truck from turning off? really strange idk on this one sorry

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#### man idk what to tell you.......good luck?...... i just dont understand how the light switch keeps the truck from turning off? really strange idk on this one sorry
yea that is what im sayin im lost. there are only 2 things i can think of, headlight switch has a short in it or the hid kit is messed up, the other thing i forgot to meation was that if i turn the headlights on manually (and this was befor all this started to happen) it would kill my truck so i thought maybe it was drawing to much juice with the glow plugs on so i tried it when i knew they where off and it still killed the truck, but i would work fine with the auto headlights or if i turn them on manually befor i start the truck.

im so confused

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how long ago did this start happening?
about a month ago, i was doing the oil dipstick fix and i had the auto headlights on when i was pulling it out of the work shop and went to go park it and shut it off it wouldn't turn off, my buddy was like wtf is going on so i told him, and then i was like well maybe i will turn off the headlights and see what happpens(just thinking about what i said above, about the truck shutting off) so i turned the headlights to off and turned the key backwords and it shut the truck off like normal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe idm relay or powertrain(eec) relay??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump need to figure this out, it is making me mad, and dont want anything to happen

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok pulled the codes with my ae today and got
p-1832<---- this one dont know what is wrong, looked at the wires and connections and all is good no rust or anything. The t-case motor maybe?
b-1932<----thinking clock spring on this one????
b-1352<----did some searching on this one and didnt really find a solve for it, maybe replace ket switch?????
The kam memory cuz of the chip.

come on guys really need this #### solved

1 - 12 of 12 Posts