Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys my truck has always made these sounds so I figured Id post this up and see what yall thought. When its first started or when its cold it cranks up and about a second or two after its running it makes a weird squeal (not a belt) and when I turn the truck off it sounds like the turbo is winding down and it makes a kind of growl sound...heres the video

let me know what yall think

I have taken the intake tube off and theres no play on the shaft in the turbo so not really sure

·
07 fx4 superduty..6.0
179 Posts
sounds like the turbo.....your gonna get better answers than that one....just figured i put my 2 cents in from stinkadena

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, yea it sounds like the turbo to me as well but the shaft is tight, theres no play so Im wondering what else it could be

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
What air filter do you have

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock air filter

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
possibly sticking vanes... I have had plenty that the power is there, but once shutdown the vanes dont really return to ideal position

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe, I am really just not sure lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you cleaned the turbo out in a while? Mine would squeal like crazy on cold start, sounded like a belt but not the case. Turbo was really coked up. Cleaned it out with the scotch pads for a drill and back to normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts