Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey guys ive been working on it, i live in nc and the constant rain has slowed me down on pulling the turbo but once i do it ill let everyone know what happens

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey guys ive been working on it, i live in nc and the constant rain has slowed me down on pulling the turbo but once i do it ill let everyone know what happens
Appreciate it if you do follow up. Good luck, don't forget the install kit and updated oil feed line

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I looked at it and it looks pretty stopped up i already got the turbo off and its fine its clean the unison ring isnt stuck and theres barely any carbon build up, but i found out i dont have a stock turbo i have a Garrett..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pretty sure stock ones are garrett too. A plugged cat could definitely cause you issues. Pull that & put a piece of straight pipe. I think my full turbo back diamond eye exhaust with muffler was like 200 bucks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if removing the cat solves the issue, but I also wouldn't expect it to. I've seen some REALLY clogged cats on a couple trucks and they didn't have this type of issue. They just went from barely able to make power to running great once it was removed....but that doesn't eliminate the possibility here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yea i think garrett is to, the guy i took my turbo to said it was bigger than the stock one, so i have no idea haha, but im in the process of putting it back together, i should have it done today, as long as i dont run into any issues... and then im going to start it and see what happens and if it still contiues everything im going to cut the cat off and gut it and throw it back on just for now to have the appearence for the inspection

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Can you take a pic of the turbo you have?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts